Welcome, Guest

new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13941 Views

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 24 Sep 2009 23:26 #20356

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
I mentioned him in today's chizuk e-mail!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Anshu.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 25 Sep 2009 02:47 #20374

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Holy,

You're an inspiration!  Lifnei Hashem Titharu!!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by menachem95.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 30 Sep 2009 20:31 #21113

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
Hi guys I am back from Yeshiva. I am with the help and kindness of Hashem over 50 days clean. For the first time in my life I feel that I have the possibility of control. I do not say control because I need to keep my guard up, stick to my rules avoid danger and most of all keep focused on fulfilling things.

My new friends here have added so much to my life. You have changed how I view the world. Unfortunately many of us make judgments about other Jews based on their clothing or other shallow criteria. I know that the peolpe on this site are from all the different 'kinds' of observant Yiddeshkiett. I feel allot of warmth for many people here for all the help they have given me. Since I do not know who you really are when I walk down the street and see someone different than myself  I wonder maybe they are one of the people I care so much about and who have given me so much. These thought have forced me to reassess how I look at the whole idea that there are fractions of Frum Yiddishkeitt.

Thank you for everything.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by bernd.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 30 Sep 2009 22:53 #21236

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
GEVALDIGGG!!

THANK YOU!!

And don't make it sound like we're saying goodbye just yet!
Last Edit: by Josh1985.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 30 Sep 2009 23:08 #21239

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
It is not a good bye it is a hello. I haven't posted in ages.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by Betterjew.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 30 Sep 2009 23:12 #21241

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
well then, HELLO!
and we look forward to hangin over bain hazmanim...
Last Edit: by Newbie.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 30 Sep 2009 23:45 #21248

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I hope the days of hanging semi lifeless over the computer are behind me.
Last Edit: by Yar.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 01 Oct 2009 01:11 #21260

• bardichev
My new friends here have added so much to my life. You have changed how I view the world. Unfortunately many of us make judgments about other Jews based on their clothing or other shallow criteria. I know that the peolpe on this site are from all the different 'kinds' of observant Yiddeshkiett. I feel allot of warmth for many people here for all the help they have given me. Since I do not know who you really are when I walk down the street and see someone different than myself  I wonder maybe they are one of the people I care so much about and who have given me so much. These thought have forced me to reassess how I look at the whole idea that there are fractions of Frum Yiddishkeitt.

well  said
Last Edit: by BigBen2020.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 01 Oct 2009 01:57 #21267

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
you don't have a poem for the occasion?
Last Edit: by Yanky12.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 01 Oct 2009 16:22 #21433

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
I walk round happy as can be
For you should know I am in GYE
We are all involved in that battle together
Each clean day, in our hat another feather
Hey, look at him, where is this guy’s hat?
He can’t walk around just like that?
One second, maybe he is one of the fighters?
Those strong people, no little blighters?
Could he be the one to who I turn?
When in my heart I feel the YH burn?
Look at this holy Yiddishe face
With in his heart sooo much space
Under this little capple, is that the big brain?
The one that gives me shelter from nisyonos rain?
Oh, my heart fills with warmth and love till the brim
I should really go over and maybe thank him
I am really ashamed to approach a stranger just like that
But I appreciate you all the same, with or without the hat

How is that for a beginner? :-[
Last Edit: by Be.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 01 Oct 2009 16:28 #21438

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Yid wrote on 30 Sep 2009 23:45:

I hope the days of hanging semi lifeless over the computer are behind me.

I hear. So, we can hang lively.
After all, it is Sukkos!!

And G38,
you're all over today!
Great poem!
Last Edit: by Chaim r.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 02 Oct 2009 02:14 #21678

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the poem
Last Edit: by Aruch Hashulchan.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 02 Oct 2009 12:37 #21714

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Yid wrote on 30 Sep 2009 20:31:

My new friends here have added so much to my life. You have changed how I view the world. Unfortunately many of us make judgments about other Jews based on their clothing or other shallow criteria. I know that the people on this site are from all the different 'kinds' of observant Yiddishkiet. I feel allot of warmth for many people here for all the help they have given me. Since I do not know who you really are when I walk down the street and see someone different than myself  I wonder maybe they are one of the people I care so much about and who have given me so much. These thought have forced me to reassess how I look at the whole idea that there are fractions of Frum Yiddishkiet.

Dearest Tzadik.

Great post! KUTGW!!

I have the very same thoughts many times since I joined this holy forum. This has caused me to challenge my own prejudices born out of stereotyping people.  

Your point is very well articulated!

Awesome love to a great Talmud Chacham and fellow warrior,

Noorah
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: 02 Oct 2009 15:03 by Tshering.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 02 Oct 2009 14:17 #21729

• Rage AT Machine
HY: you're really on to something here...this is virtual land...the land of the fake (and the flake, but thats another issue)...Uri is not a person he is an algorithm...its all 1s and 0s, right? The real world is people in $1500 suits and the New York Post at every doorstep, right? The real world is reported upon by CNN and Foxnews, right?

WRONG!!!

The fake world is L. Ron Hubbard and all his clones...the fake world is all those smiley-glad hands with their hidden agendas...the fake world tells you that "m" is "part of a healthy lifestyle"...like those cereal commericals (part of this complete breakfast)...they tell you its good for you! and "p"? "p" is not an addiction that is tearing apart the world! "p" is part of a "multibillion dollar entertainment industry"! it is streamed into your home and into your life...no, my friends, this world is UPSIDE DOWN!! the war that is brewing here, that is the REAL world...fighting to bring gds will back to Earth, that is the real world and the friends here, that is the real world...we are happy when sturggle survives another day, overjoyed when letakain gets engaged and saddned when someone else is sad..we reach out our hands and pull em back up...so yes, HY, you are right...what we've been taught: to look at the jew and place a label based on type of yarmulke and length of hair...not so real...the real desire to fulfill gds commandments that goes on here...VERY REAL...

chag sameach

keep fighting
ratm
Last Edit: by Joe987.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 02 Oct 2009 16:46 #21770

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage,

This is a very timely thought. Succos is a time when Chazal say leave our permanent dwelling and go into a temporary dwelling. One explanation of the message we should take from this comment is that we leave the values of the materialistic world behind and we live the knowledge that what the world values has no value. Rather the real value in the world is to sit in the shadow of Hashem.

Gut Yom Tov to all
Last Edit: by adar0220.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes