Welcome, Guest

new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: new guy starting out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 13826 Views

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 05 Aug 2009 01:14 #10803

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010 23:12 by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 05 Aug 2009 02:42 #10808

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder

I should like to tell you that if you "put in a lot of effort", that could make things actually more difficult. At least it is for me. The thing is
to do other things and become preoccupied with other things. They don't even have to be important, at least not at first. Things that you find that you want to do. If that includes  more really positive things like torah and mitzvos so much the better. But if that does not work, anythng.  At least that's what I do, if necessary. And it seems necessary pretty often. Examples: Learn to fly (seriously - as an example), a  musical instrument, help out  someone, build something. Learn a computer language. Whatever.

Last Edit: by 123.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 05 Aug 2009 03:07 #10813

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010 23:13 by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 05 Aug 2009 03:23 #10817

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
I do focus on other things but when I feel the urge I think I need to resist stronger.

I plan to do fifty push ups when I feel the urge.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 05 Aug 2009 07:36 #10831

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I broke my rules and I fell again. I will at least 50 push ups for breaking my rules.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by Workinghardlondon.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 05 Aug 2009 09:25 #10837

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010 23:18 by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 09 Aug 2009 23:10 #11343

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I have come to realize that it is very possible that the only thing I can control is using the internet. Therefore I avoid it as much as possible. Until now I knew this but I did not treat gong on line as a dangerous activity. Now I avoid it. I hope I wont be posting here alot and if I do ask me why I'm here.

Tomim thanks for your insightful posts.
Last Edit: 09 Aug 2009 23:11 by PowerLude.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 09 Aug 2009 23:15 #11344

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2010 00:32 by .

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 11 Aug 2009 16:24 #11619

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
Just making a brief visit online. Yesterday was a no internet day. I had a strong urge to go online but I know 1.it is only an urge 2.Hashem is making it to give me to opportunity to overcome it and since Hashem is causing it right now OF COURSE I can overcome it. 3.Going online wont make me happy and wont make it go away I will be happy tomorrow that I withstood it today.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 11 Aug 2009 16:25 #11620

• bardichev
keep on floating/swimming/treading

just do not drown

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 11 Aug 2009 18:50 #11629

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
I am reminding myself that I cannot trust my judgement regarding internet use. I don't stick to my own rules and once I am online things generally don't end well. What I can do is stay offline as much as possible. When I go online I am taking my life in my hands. I want control of my life so to do that I avoid the internet. i only use it where i can be seen and when people are around.

I was wondering what determines what level member one is?
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2009 18:54 by johnnybegood.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 12 Aug 2009 13:58 #11740

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Holy Yid wrote on 11 Aug 2009 18:50:

I was wondering what determines what level member one is?

It has to do with the number of times you've posted.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by beyou.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 18 Aug 2009 20:25 #13142

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Friends,
It is with great joy that I mark 14 days clean. This is a record for me and most probobly a record for bein hazimanim also. May you all have succses
Last Edit: by itsmeagain36.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 18 Aug 2009 20:54 #13152

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
The Holy Yid is becoming holier by the day!  Chazk v'Ematz!!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by abe2710.

Re: new guy strating out/ bain hazimanim is my hard point 24 Sep 2009 00:05 #20023

• Tomim2B
In a chat with Holy Yid today he disclosed to me that he's reached a streak of 50 days! He didn't want to write about it himself because he's afraid that his pride might get the best of him and shlep him down. With his permission I write about it now.

Chevra, 50 days! Unbelievable! Mazel Tov Holy Yid!

2B
Last Edit: by ghz2541.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes