Welcome, Guest

New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 2246 Views

New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 29 Nov 2008 18:51 #1002

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
At first we thought it would be a good idea for anyone who wants to start counting clean days to be put on the chart right away. We hoped this would give some people a push to start. However, the experience of the past week seems to show that the few people who did write "Starting Today" did not do very well and had to be reset a few times. Therefore, I think it would be better if we had a new rule. In order to get onto the chart, you have to first pass "Level 1" and be clean at least 3 days.

Comments are welcome.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 30 Nov 2008 15:25 #1012

• Mevakesh Hashem
perhaps make a special level for these people called "HaBa L'Taher" and they need to be clean 3 days to advance to level one. We need to give them as much chizuk as we can!

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 30 Nov 2008 16:40 #1013

• the.guard
I hear you. But don't you think "getting onto the chart" is already something that will push them to stay clean 3 days?

I'll make a poll and see what people think.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 12 Mar 2009 00:33 #3699

• strivingjew2
  • Current streak: 60 days
  • Senior Boarder
What do you think of the idea of keeping track with those that are clean longer than ninety days. Lets say for example that they would have to update every 2 weeks or every month perhaps. I have no idea if i will reach 90 days or not, but if i ever do I know that i will still need all the help that i can get regardless of how long i might already be clean.
Just thinking out loud.

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 12 Mar 2009 21:15 #3736

• the.guard
I agree that people who reach 90 days should update us at least once a month for the first year!

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 18 Feb 2010 18:38 #54137

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 12 Mar 2009 21:15:

I agree that people who reach 90 days should update us at least once a month for the first year!

Didn't know about this rule.  Consider yourself updated!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 18 Feb 2010 18:42 #54139

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Listen, some of us are slower than others! to each his own as they say! :D

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 18 Feb 2010 19:44 #54167

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
lemme give my 2 lincoln heads a shot here...

foist, I agree with you that there should be that 3 day rule before joining the chart. But I think you should be able to add those days back in at some point, like on Day 28 they can automatically jump to day 31 and get in the month, by resetting their start date.

second, some people have had tremendous chizuk and incentive from the 90 day count, while others have felt it too big of a burden, and their anxiety builds until they crash. We need to do something to help those who find the counting defeats their purpose. Maybe it's cuz too many people are counting on them, it's embarrassing to let others down, but it doesn't defray the urge, either. Perhaps a different (additional) system, where they can register a start date that stays hidden, just shows their name as a participant. Then they work day by day, AND NOT COUNT OR REGISTER THEIR CLEAN DAYS until, say, the end of 2 weeks or a month. The chart could display it in a way that no one knows which date one missed. This chart would ONLY register cumulative clean days, and a person wouldn't have to register a fall at all, just the total clean days each week. 

The goal is to give those few who need it a less anxiety filled, more positive approach of rewarding them for cumulative days, not just consecutive. And we can make just as big a hooplah about those milestones, so they do not have to feel like second-class citizens. This could be a preliminary system of choice, and then they can go onto the 90 day chart when they feel they are ready, and get some kind of recognition for the cumulative days there as well.

Oh, and Guard, while you're creating your budget for the mega-bucks days soon to come, please include some SERIOUS rewards for milestones besides revolving graphic crowns. Seforim, Gift Cards redeemable at fine Kosher Restaurants, and All Day Movie Passes, to name just a few...
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 18 Feb 2010 20:07 #54176

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Steve wrote on 18 Feb 2010 19:44:

foist, I agree with you that there should be that 3 day rule before joining the chart. But I think you should be able to add those days back in at some point, like on Day 28 they can automatically jump to day 31 and get in the month, by resetting their start date.

The person never loses the three days.  He is put on the chart once he has 3 days, and it's counted that he has 3 days completed.

Steve wrote on 18 Feb 2010 19:44:

Oh, and Guard, while you're creating your budget for the mega-bucks days soon to come, please include some SERIOUS rewards for milestones besides revolving graphic crowns. Seforim, Gift Cards redeemable at fine Kosher Restaurants, and All Day Movie Passes, to name just a few...

There is no greater reward than reaching the milestone itself.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 18 Feb 2010 23:48 #54265

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok ok kedusha we know already that your too serious for any of the joking that goes on here on the forum!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 19 Feb 2010 04:52 #54303

• kedusha
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 18 Feb 2010 23:48:

Ok ok kedusha we know already that your too serious for any of the joking that goes on here on the forum!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As far as I could tell, Steve was being totally serious.

Oh, I see - YOU were joking!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :D ;D
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2010 04:54 by .

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 19 Feb 2010 11:19 #54331

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
I see it needed an edit from kedusha but at the end of the day you did get my drift!! :D :D :D :D :D

Re: New Rule for the Wall of Honor Chart 24 Feb 2010 16:17 #55208

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I'm not getting the joke. But it seems i'm not getting that free steak at a fine kosher restaurant either.... :'(
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes