Welcome, Guest

GYE on NPR News, Very Impressive
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: GYE on NPR News, Very Impressive 4035 Views

Re: GYE on NPR News, Very Impressive 05 Feb 2011 07:43 #95801

• feedtherightwolf
Yashuv-VYashuv wrote on 04 Feb 2011 19:42:

David/Rage wrote on 04 Feb 2011 19:20:
.where xxxchurch feels like recovery in a night club, gye sometimes feels like recovery in a beis medrash...
I hear your point, but trust me - you're much safer in a Bais Medrash

Good point. That is actually why I don't like xxxchurch. But I got to give it to them, they are really good at talking to "real people" out there.

Personally I try to stay away from that "real world" though. I prefer a Bais Medrash feeling
Last Edit: by .

Re: GYE on NPR News, Very Impressive 05 Feb 2011 18:08 #95809

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Interesting that guard hasn't checked in here on this fuddem in person.
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: GYE on NPR News, Very Impressive 08 Feb 2011 04:41 #96120

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Has anyone, other than myself, noticed that the number of guests visiting the site have doubled since the national coverage on NPR?  O0 O0 O0

Have Rabbonim worlwide Devote Shabbos Drashos to GYE topics 08 Feb 2011 15:02 #96180

• kiviyvy
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Yashuv VYashuv!
RisingUp wrote on 08 Feb 2011 04:41:

Has anyone, other than myself, noticed that the number of guests visiting the site have doubled since the national coverage on NPR?  O0 O0 O0

Makes sense! We even had at least 2 extra callers on the afternoon 12 step call. I wonder if there were others on the other calls. Now - how do we get that kind of coverage in the Frum communities which this site/service is better suited for?

Maybe GYE can do something similar to a National P**n Sunday? Can GYE get all Rabbonim to devote their Drashos on a particular Shabbos to discussion of internet, Shemiras Einayim, and slip in mention of GYE - Maybe one with a relevant theme like "Lo Sinaf", "Er V'Onan", "Kedoshim Tihiyu."

Guard - how does that sound? Lets do it!

Re: GYE on NPR News, Very Impressive 08 Feb 2011 23:03 #96256

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Yashuv-VYashuv wrote on 04 Feb 2011 16:17:

THanks for the tip. Took me a little while to find it, but here's the link - www.npr.org/2011/02/03/133463774/religious-groups-tackle-an-x-rated-secret
Very refreshing to hear

And you can listen to the story here: Here At minute 3:26 we hear the Voice of Guard!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes