Welcome, Guest
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: CHOLINT!! 50568 Views

Re: CHOLINT!! 25 Aug 2011 06:10 #116321

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Aug 2011 22:04:

Freud's Famous Flaish Store?

Is this what you really meant?

For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Last Edit: by .

Re: CHOLINT!! 29 Aug 2011 17:56 #116753

• Back on Track
OMG!!!!! HAS NOONE AYTHING TO SPEAK OF CHOLENT? THIS CANT HEPPEN. WE MUST FILL THIS THREAD SO THAT THE AROMA OF CHOLENT AND ITS TASTYNESS WAFTS THROUGH THE GYE FORUM LIKE A BEACON OF WARMTH TO ALL THOSE SEKING RECOVERY....

Re: CHOLINT!! 29 Aug 2011 18:06 #116755

• bardichev
monday??

Re: CHOLINT!! 29 Aug 2011 18:07 #116756

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
So sayeth the Chef: Go unto BOT and call upon the Meat, the Bones, the Kishka and the Paprikash.
Raise them up, as a beacon on the hills and a banner upon the high-places.
Let those who seek come and be satiated, those who quiver and tremble take heart.
For as my word shall descend onto the earth, so shall the fields and hills of Israel blossom forth with fresh and pure cholent.

(Ingredients ch.5,ver.9)
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: CHOLINT!! 29 Aug 2011 22:54 #116822

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
any cholent left over from shabbos?

Re: CHOLINT!! 30 Aug 2011 00:46 #116833

• Back on Track
Zemmys the best cholevangelist I ever heard... Errrr read.
And I as a son of Israel take up my plate and fork in my hands, wandering the hills if judea (and the rockies and poconos) in search of festive meat to slaughter for our cholent offering.

I shall with the sweat of my brow grow the beans and barley fruit of my own handiwork and raise them up in joy and gladness and thanks to the creator. The first bite shall be consecrated with the oil that forms on the top of the cholent, and we shall separate that oil on a weekday and not on the sabbath to avoid the prohition of borer. And then when we have raised and consecrated that first bite we shall write the ingresients down and paste it to the doorways of our fridge so that the wonder and knowledge of kedushas cholent shall be as a sign to us everytime we grab a bite to eat.

Lest he who hath less cholent, or no cholent (yikes) be distraught, so shall the abishter command that each householdd tithe 2.3percent of their cholent (eggs not included) for a communla offering. This offering to be eaten by the poor and destitute shall be as a sign that cholent of klal yisroel can get us through anything we can imagine.

And the evil egyptian taskmasters will beg us to leave and tke their cholent as a gift noting that our cholent was alwayys better anyways but that they were so scared silly by the 10 plagues that theu just want us out and want us to take their cholent so we shall not bear a grudge againt them.
so it shall be written.... So it shall be done.

The prophet Cholentmeister 51:36
Last Edit: 30 Aug 2011 03:33 by .

Re: CHOLINT!! 30 Aug 2011 15:25 #116886

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
BOT, you are by far a more seasoned bible-thumping Cholevangelist
and to paraphrase George W. Bush, "Mission Accomplished", OMG you made me LOL and ROFL
TTYL
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: CHOLINT!! 30 Aug 2011 16:39 #116907

• Back on Track
i am truly humbled by that one zemmy. i have to get to cholent seder- with my mesilas cholent and chafetz chulent. Rabbi Yisroel salami used to say one should learn chulent seder with a nigun that he hums to himself for inspiration. I usually sing that slow miii haish.... hachafetz chulent.... ohev chulent,,, ohev chulent shehu tov... netzor  lshoncha me ra, usfasecha miiii kibbeh, rak chulent she hu tov, bakesh od u'beteiavon.... 

Re: CHOLINT!! 30 Aug 2011 17:58 #116935

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Back on Track wrote on 30 Aug 2011 16:39:

i am truly humbled by that one zemmy. i have to get to cholent seder- with my mesilas cholent and chafetz chulent. Rabbi Yisroel salami used to say one should learn chulent seder with a nigun that he hums to himself for inspiration. I usually sing that slow miii haish.... hachafetz chulent.... ohev chulent,,, ohev chulent shehu tov... netzor  lshoncha me ra, usfasecha miiii kibbeh, rak chulent she hu tov, bakesh od u'beteiavon....

Hey, what's wrong with kibbeh? I love it, and lachmagine (sp?), and all that other spicy stuff. And I'm not even Sefardy!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: CHOLINT!! 30 Aug 2011 21:45 #117005

• Back on Track
nothings wring with it... but it doesnt have tat cholent geshmake that makes you recover. it tastes grat but its a food. cholent is a spiritual thing. kapish? ifyou dont believe me, try sgarting athread and callingit kibeeh.... it aint gonna work.

Re: CHOLINT!! 01 Sep 2011 18:35 #117287

• Jackabbey
  • Platinum Boarder
rabosay
the barditchever rebbe seems to be extrimly busy coming home from the country
and there is still no cholint for shaboss
the crocpot is EMPTY
common units, we need מאכלי חמין לשבת קודש

Re: CHOLINT!! 05 Sep 2011 16:28 #117664

• bardichev
my cholint was a victim of hurricane tropical storm irene

do you think i can apply to fema for damages??

https://www.disasterassistance.gov/DAC/ri/privacyAct.do

Re: CHOLINT!! 05 Sep 2011 16:30 #117666

• Jackabbey
  • Platinum Boarder
you first have to give them the taste of your cholint
then, sure you can apply

Re: CHOLINT!! 05 Sep 2011 16:53 #117670

• Back on Track
bardichev wrote on 05 Sep 2011 16:28:

my cholint was a victim of hurricane tropical storm irene

do you think i can apply to fema for damages??

https://www.disasterassistance.gov/DAC/ri/privacyAct.do

oyur lucky... FEMA called me up and asked if they could use my cholent to fix up the damages as it makes a great cement.

Re: CHOLINT!! 07 Sep 2011 00:48 #117888

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
kidushashem wrote on 20 Aug 2011 23:43:

anyone ever try peanut butter in the cholent?

i just puked a little bit in my mouth...
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes