Welcome, Guest

Bardy's Pub
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Bardy's Pub 63028 Views

Re: Bardy's Pub 21 Feb 2010 05:03 #54466

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright Bardy, if you insist I'll have a shot with you. I actually had woodford today for the first time. It was very good. Had you all in mind when I did. So bartender, I'll have a double shot on the double!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Bardy's Pub 21 Feb 2010 16:28 #54531

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes rage that is another ma'aleh of living here in israel. GET TO BE TOGETHER AT HOME EVERY SHABBOS!! I really enjoy it. We have been away for shabbos only once in the two years weve been here. And we dont regret it. Lechaim to all, that includes yiddle. enjoy the woodford!

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 00:45 #54657

• Dov
  • Administrator
L'chayim!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 18:48 #54801

• shemirateinayim
Honestly now
I am turning to you, dear members of our pub, seeking guidance and counsel. I am one of those non-drinkers, and in seeking to be mekayeim the mitzva of "libsumai bipuraya" I am at a loss. Which wine, red or white, dry or sweet? A brand? I was thinking of writng a kuntrus copiling all my sefaikos, but I just couldn't think of a title (Ok that one was a corny attempt at humor).

Advise? 

ps I never drank any hard liquer, and I have to have someone else buy my wine for me, long story, and yes I am of legal age. So I need to have what to tell him!

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 18:50 #54802

• bardichev
_?_

ARE YOU IN AMERICA OR ERETZ YISROEL?

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 19:59 #54810

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
-?- wrote on 22 Feb 2010 18:48:

Hon I am one of those non-drinkers, and in seeking to be mekayeim the mitzva of "libsumai bipuraya" I am at a loss.

I feel your pain! Sweet wine mixed with soda is practically the only way i can ingest alcohol.

Of the Rebbe Shlit"a I ask: "Biz tzi di kretchma darf men oich ah glezele mashke". Which brand do you recommend for this purpose?

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 21:57 #54843

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 22 Feb 2010 19:59:

-?- wrote on 22 Feb 2010 18:48:

Hon I am one of those non-drinkers, and in seeking to be mekayeim the mitzva of "libsumai bipuraya" I am at a loss.

I feel your pain! Sweet wine mixed with soda is practically the only way i can ingest alcohol.

Of the Rebbe Shlit"a I ask: "Biz tzi di kretchma darf men oich ah glezele mashke". Which brand do you recommend for this purpose?
Waddya mean?? WOODFORD!!!!!!

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 22:01 #54846

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
It is an old chasidishe saying, "until we get to the Pub, we also need some whiskey." (i.e. Until we get to Yom Kippur we also need some Teshuvah)

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 22:03 #54848

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Ich hub farshtanin un nucht alts gigebt der a teyrutz feir dayn shailah!!

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 22:37 #54856

• Dov
  • Administrator
L'chayim! All for One and One for all!  ;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Bardy's Pub 22 Feb 2010 22:39 #54857

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Rebbu, since when are you so into lechaims and woodford?? Im getting a little nervous. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ i think the rebbe is having hashpo'ah on the rebbi!!   :D :D

Re: Bardy's Pub 23 Feb 2010 01:25 #54897

• shemirateinayim
I drink only slighty sweet white wine. I can tolerate that, and I usualy have a cup by every shabbos meal, in order to be yotzei the inyanim of utilizing the koach of yayin together with the kedushas shabbos. I also wait for a part of the meal that I am guaranteed to use the newfound kochos only letovah ulemitzvah.

Wich means that I am the last one at the table, feiring tisch for a group of enthralled highschool kids wondering how they can also get so into it! At first people made fun, but  when they saw I am serious, they kept shut, and stopped preventing people from joining. (I don't make a tisch, I just sing with my eyes closed, and whomever joins can sing watch or just bask in the kedusha)

That's the only wine I drink, and it's a "Jedem" brand.

So I think I need something light, without so much flavor or aftertaste. And as far as woodford...I want yayin, in addition to never have drunk any hard liquer in my life. Are you tryingto kil me?

Re: Bardy's Pub 24 Feb 2010 02:06 #55079

• Dov
  • Administrator
imtrying25 wrote on 22 Feb 2010 22:39:

Rebbu, since when are you so into lechaims and woodford?? Im getting a little nervous. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ i think the rebbe is having hashpo'ah on the rebbi!!   :D :D
Neee! We should all suffer from such hashpoo-oo.
It's my recent hungarisheh pronunciation that worries me, though.....Where's Khaleed, we need to talk this over.
But thanks for the concern, amigo!

Re: Bardy's Pub 24 Feb 2010 02:32 #55081

• bardichev
YOUZE ALL A BIT UNDa DA INFLOO-INTS
HEH HEH

Re: Bardy's Pub 24 Feb 2010 12:02 #55147

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
As long as that influence is from the rebbe we are all fine with it!! :D :D