Welcome, Guest

The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 9074 Views

The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 15:01 #409768

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Speaking to a few friends offline gave birth to this idea, it seems to be an urgent and immediate necessity. 

Welcome to…The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled

This thread is a place where one can feel free to rant, vent and gripe.

It is a safe haven for negativity, sourness and blahness. 

It is a place where one can be sure to find a healthy dose of demotivating advice. It is a place where any kind of positivity is strictly forbidden.

It is a place where you can vent about what a rotten day you're having and not worry that people will then reach out with concerned pm's/texts...cuz nobody really cares. And that's perfectly fine, why should anybody care?

Please Remember:

-No profanity (Sadly)
-No personal insults (Sadly)
- Absolutely no: Nice, positive, warm, loving, optimistic, motivational, supportive or inspiring posts. (Not sadly)

Enter at your own risk!

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 15:32 #409772

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It doesn’t matter what time I get up on Friday it doesn’t matter what time Shabbos is I can never get my day started before 10:30 and no matter how swimmingly cleaning and cooking is going I can never seem to be ready for Shabbos until 15 minutes after candle lighting.  What does one need to do in order to be ready on time. Aaargh
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi
Last Edit: 08 Mar 2024 15:38 by foolie.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 15:44 #409773

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Some helpful advice from Meta for those just getting out of bed:

"My friend, I've got some delightfully demotivational words for you!  "Why bother trying? You'll probably just fail anyway. And if you do succeed, someone else will just come along and do it better.

Your efforts are but a tiny drop in an ocean of insignificance. Embrace the futility! 

Remember, mediocrity is the new excellence. Aim low, achieve less! 

And hey, who needs passion or purpose when you can just go through the motions? Motivation is overrated; let apathy be your guide! 

So go ahead, put on your comfiest pajamas, grab a bag of snacks, and bask in the glory of doing absolutely nothing. You won't regret it (or maybe you will, but who cares?)"

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 15:49 #409774

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
foolie wrote on 08 Mar 2024 15:32:
It doesn’t matter what time I get up on Friday it doesn’t matter what time Shabbos is I can never get my day started before 10:30 and no matter how swimmingly cleaning and cooking is going I can never seem to be ready for Shabbos until 15 minutes after candle lighting.  What does one need to do in order to be ready on time. Aaargh

Awww, you poor thing! 

Here's a big, virtual....

....Snort. 

(Not sorry)

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 16:12 #409775

• iyh2023
  • Gold Boarder
youknowwho wrote on 08 Mar 2024 15:01:
Speaking to a few friends offline gave birth to this idea, it seems to be an urgent and immediate necessity. 

Welcome to…The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled

This thread is a place where one can feel free to rant, vent and gripe.

It is a safe haven for negativity, sourness and blahness. 

It is a place where one can be sure to find a healthy dose of demotivating advice. It is a place where any kind of positivity is strictly forbidden.

It is a place where you can vent about what a rotten day you're having and not worry that people will then reach out with concerned pm's/texts...cuz nobody really cares. And that's perfectly fine, why should anybody care?

Please Remember:

-No profanity (Sadly)
-No personal insults (Sadly)
- Absolutely no: Nice, positive, warm, loving, optimistic, motivational, supportive or inspiring posts. (Not sadly)

Enter at your own risk!

I think we have one already it's called "A cry for help".....

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 16:19 #409776

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
TGI FRIDAYS????
I Hate Friday! it sucks! painful, stressful day, for no reason, just because its friday, 
a day to scream @ your kids, and fight with your loved one.
#IHF
Last Edit: 08 Mar 2024 16:26 by cande.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 16:24 #409777

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
iyh2023 wrote on 08 Mar 2024 16:12:

I think we have one already it's called "A cry for help".....

Absolutely! I'm told the horribly sour foolie rants will continue undisturbed, never fear!

There are several nuanced differences though, for example, here, expressions of empathy are strongly discouraged.  

We also might get to see foolie "unplugged".

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 16:47 #409778

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
do I need to change my avatar to post in this thread? 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 16:53 #409779

• Bennyh
  • Platinum Boarder

It is a place where you can vent about what a rotten day you're having and not worry that people will then reach out with concerned pm's/texts...cuz nobody really cares

Will this thread protect me from all the hugs and kisses too?

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 16:59 #409780

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
davidt wrote on 08 Mar 2024 16:47:
do I need to change my avatar to post in this thread? 

Yup. 

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 17:01 #409781

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Bennyh wrote on 08 Mar 2024 16:53:

It is a place where you can vent about what a rotten day you're having and not worry that people will then reach out with concerned pm's/texts...cuz nobody really cares

Will this thread protect me from all the hugs and kisses too?

Nothing will save you from the hugs and kisses, I'm afraid it's part of our miserable existence. 

Not sorry, the truth hurts. 

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 17:18 #409782

• Bennyh
  • Platinum Boarder
cande wrote on 08 Mar 2024 16:19:
TGI FRIDAYS????
I Hate Friday! it sucks! painful, stressful day, for no reason, just because its friday, 
#IHF

While we're on the topic of dunking on Fridays, I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring.

I resent the fact that I have to go to work on Fridays, come home close to 2 PM even on short Fridays, to a house that requires all of my remaining time to help get it ready, and bathe the kids and and and and and.... and then it's 15 minutes after the zman and i'm starved dehydrated dizzy and heart pounding from adrenaline and now go daven.

Why can't I be מעוטר בטלית ותפילין and be מעביר סדרה with רש"י, have breakfast, learn שלחן ערוך and ספרי חסידות and then go to the mikva and be in shul again an hour before davening starts (like my father does) and daven and be מקבל שבת like a mentch.

Whatever...

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 17:31 #409783

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
Bennyh wrote on 08 Mar 2024 17:18:

TGI FRIDAYS????
#IHF

While we're on the topic of dunking on Fridays, I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring.

I resent the fact that I have to go to work on Fridays, come home close to 2 PM even on short Fridays, to a house that requires all of my remaining time to help get it ready, and bathe the kids and and and and and.... and then it's 15 minutes after the zman and i'm starved dehydrated dizzy and heart pounding from adrenaline and now go daven.

Why can't I be מעוטר בטלית ותפילין and be מעביר סדרה with רש"י, have breakfast, learn שלחן ערוך and ספרי חסידות and then go to the mikva and be in shul again an hour before davening starts (like my father does) and daven and be מקבל שבת like a mentch.

Whatever...

why why why why?????
because you got to many HUGS and KISSES! 
cut out the love, and get to shul.
#IHF
Last Edit: 08 Mar 2024 17:31 by cande.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 18:27 #409786

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
In the mood of deleting this whole thread, who even cares? Miserably useless day at work and a waste of time. 

What difference does anything make anyway?

And now I need to paste a smile on my face for the family too, adding insult to injury.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 08 Mar 2024 19:21 #409789

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 249 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bennyh wrote on 08 Mar 2024 17:18:

TGI FRIDAYS????
#IHF

Whatever...

Where did James go again? Oh, right, he doesn't work on Fridays...
#IHF
(Currently phoneless. Textable at my number below.)
Feel free to reach out and say hi!
proudyungerman@gmail.com
406-219-8398

Check out my stories: 
guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/406231-The-Real-Me
guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/409689-My-Journey-to-True-Intimacy
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes