Welcome, Guest

Happiest Moment of your life
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Happiest Moment of your life 2981 Views

Happiest Moment of your life 10 Sep 2013 06:33 #218695

• RebYid90
  • Senior Boarder
  • How dare we let fear play a role in our lives
BH I'm 12 hours sober, :D
all (jokes) aside, I have been working on my abilities to stay happy, even when I don't feel like being happy. so I thought a thread about what are happiest moment in our lives would not only put us all in a good mood, but help put life in a more positive perspective. I'll start

my happiest moment has got to be my sisters wedding. while most weddings are happy, and while we are usuly happy for our siblings when they get married, this one was special. my sister went an entire year and a half with out being red to a single guy. and after going to shadchanim after shadchanim with nothing happening, I got so depressed for her I was beside myself. and as y'all might know, depression is a big thing that leads to sinning. so I would consider that year, adding on all of my problems, not to be a good time for me.
then out of no where she gets this random shidduch. The guy didn't even look into her. they went out, and boom, engaged. I didn't know how to comprehend it. how a situation can go from litteraly rock bottom to like BH amazing. and the wedding it self, it just was undescribable. I didn't even need to drink to get laibadic. it was thee most joyous occasion in my life so far.

now its your turn.
"....You start giving to others, and you’ll start to see your pain fade away.... If you want to kill yourself, kill what you don’t like. Kill narcissus.Kill apathy. Kill the shameful selfish looser inside of you. I had an old self that I killed..... You can kill yourself too, but that doesn't mean you got to stop living...kill the part of you that's all you and nobody else, because that's the part that makes you want to curl up and die"

"Fear plays an interesting role in our lives. How dare we let it motivate us? How dare we let it into our decision-making, into our livelihoods, into our relationships?..."

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 10 Sep 2013 06:35 #218696

• skeptical
12 hours sober is no joke. It's a great start!

Keep it up!!

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 10 Sep 2013 10:09 #218703

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
Congrats on the 12 hours. Now go make it 24!!

I don't know happiest, but the most overwhelmingly emotional moment of my life (in a good way) was the first time I held by first child in my arms. It was dizzying, and a darn good thing I was sitting down or I may have dropped her.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov
Last Edit: 10 Sep 2013 10:10 by MBJ.

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 10 Sep 2013 13:54 #218707

• moish u.k.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Winning is a team effort!
The best moment of my life is right now, this very second.

In recovery i'm learning to live in the moment. Not living in the past, not in the future. In the here and now.

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 10 Sep 2013 16:04 #218714

• thatguyoverthere
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Gold Boarder
Every time I see my wife. The worst moments with her are still better than the best moments without her.
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls. /Mishlei 25:28

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 12 Sep 2013 21:51 #219039

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
thatguyoverthere wrote:
Every time I see my wife. The worst moments with her are still better than the best moments without her.

I was gonna write the second i walked into my badeken and saw my wife in all her glory, but this is a good one, and its true... every second with her is better then worlds without her
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2013 21:56 by lizhensk.

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 12 Sep 2013 23:10 #219080

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
My life isn't over yet
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 12 Sep 2013 23:14 #219082

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Lizhensk wrote:
thatguyoverthere wrote:

I was gonna write the second i walked into my badeken and saw my wife in all her glory, but this is a good one, and its true... every second with her is better then worlds without her

Your wife has a lot of glory?
But seriously, maybe that's the reason for the hornosteipler minhag that the chosson doesn't go to badeken...
(They don't want him getting "horny" ha ha ha)
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Happiest Moment of your life 13 Sep 2013 05:29 #219134

Those few seconds at the end of Neilah
Wish I could stay on that medreigo forever
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes