Welcome, Guest

NAMES! NAMES! NAMES!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 21128 Views

NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 29 Oct 2012 18:46 #146892

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
All this talk about names lead me to think about the halachic ramifications of say, Chuna Feitel calling himself TehillimZugger. I'm sincerely hoping this thread will schlep Dov into the Beis Medrash; Zeh hacheili, B'ezer tzuri v'goeili:

A. Say Chuna Feitel is getting divorced [gasp! ], would he be required to mention the name TehillimZugger in the Rabbinic Divorce document commonly known as Get- an acronym popular legend suggests stands for "Gittel Trayna"- a famous dear devoted- klavta, who led many a husband running for said document, or not?
[i]Please don't comment that this particular Chuna Feitel is not engaged yet, so how can he divorce- this is a sensitive issue, we don't want to hurt Chuna Feitel's sensitive feelings...[/i]]
[The Talmudic precedent for this question may be found in Tractate Gittin [Babylonian, Vilna ed.] folio 34b: "A woman named Miriam, some refer to her as Sara".]

B. Independent of above answer, in the event he is required to cite username in document, would he be required to write "T.Z." or "TZuggs" and other nicknames associated with said username, or not?
[A halachic precedent may be found (although arguably, the cases discussed are not completely similar) in Responsums: Mahara"m Schick (E.H. §163), Maharsha"m (Vol. III §187)]

I plan on returning to this thread to discuss these [and other] points, first let's hear what the oilam thinks.

P.S. Hurricane Sandy delayed me considerably in posting this post, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to continue, first, let's get Dov in here... HEH HEH [Khalled! Arois fin biss medrash, goyatz!]
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 29 Oct 2012 18:49 #146895

• Dov
  • Administrator
OK, you got me in here. I am now calling the police to take you away cuz you are obviously a danger to yourself.

Put that bottle of Double-Oaked Woodford down, lad!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 29 Oct 2012 18:51 #146896

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
YIPEEEEEEE
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 30 Oct 2012 15:48 #146920

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If khaleed want's to give a get how many variants could he have? Kahleed, Khalid kaleed kalid Qhallid calead, and what not.

I have a different question for you, Could Khaleed be mekadesh RS with the hanaah that he saved her from Dapper Doktor, and if he would be mekadesh her would we say she'hinhig be'minhag ramaut? and would this be oni hamehapech bicharara? 8)

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 30 Oct 2012 16:07 #146921

Dear Mr. Munee,

To change the subject, your signature says: Poseach et Yadecha...
Isn't that a contradiction in dialect? It should either be 'Poseach es' or Poteach et'. No?

As the possuk says (Kings I 18:21):

עד מתי אתם פוסחים על שתי הסעיפים

MT

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 30 Oct 2012 21:40 #146955

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Just saw in Targum Yonatan this week's parsha- Avraham gave Hagar a get... may be related to our thread...

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 30 Oct 2012 22:04 #146958

• Dov
  • Administrator
Machshovo wrote on 30 Oct 2012 16:07:

That is the addict, BTW...and lots of non-addicts, too. But that's a side point.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 00:06 #146964

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Hi Dov, I'm still working on the actual Teshuva to this question- all this "Sandy-ness" is wearing me out, but you hit the nail on the head [or one of the nails on one of the heads] and therefore without further aplomb, I present to you a paragraph of hithertofore unpublished teshuva by Rabbi Tankhum Zeesha:

The truth is that if this man is a proponent of the "Captain Kirk" theory. And will never allow anyone from the forum into his personal life [which means he won't recover and consequentially divorce...], there is no reason for him to mention it in the divorce document.

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 14:58 #146976

dov wrote on 30 Oct 2012 22:04:

That is the addict, BTW...and lots of non-addicts, too. But that's a side point.

.. and the solution to the addiction (Kings I 18:39) -

וירא כל העם ויפלו על פניהם ויאמרו ה' הוא האלקים ה' הוא האלקים

Surrender to Hashem.

MT

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 15:05 #146978

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
And our friend Edge-man would use this as a source for his minhag of "prostration" too.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 16:47 #146987

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
Machshovo wrote on 30 Oct 2012 16:07:

Dear Mr. Munee,

To change the subject, your signature says: Poseach et Yadecha...
Isn't that a contradiction in dialect? It should either be 'Poseach es' or Poteach et'. No?

As the possuk says (Kings I 18:21):

MT

Yalla Ya la Yalili, Ya la yah la la la lay li loy lay li
TANTZ TANTZ TRUCK HABIBI! 8)

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 16:49 #146989

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
RE: It should either be 'Poseach es' or Poteach et'. No?

Also "Poteach" reminds me of a certain creep who's running for congress...

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 16:58 #146991

• mr. emunah
  • Platinum Boarder
On a totaly unrelated note, in the Newberry Award nominated tale : But no Green Elephants! (a subtle hack on all

those SAVE THE WHALES and GREENPEACE wackos) it mentions a bottle of Woodford rolloing on the ground. no for

those who are in the know, it is physicaly impossible for a Woodford bottle to roll, therefore we may need to

change the girsa to "spinning on the floor", or "laying on floor" vdoik.

A quick shout to my phriend TZ, in regard to tvilat Esra, the talmud says the reason is that TalmudHachams should

not be found like Roosters (as opposed to chickens) vdoik.

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 17:01 #146992

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Mr. stop making phun of me [is that a "pun"? hee hee] and please don't hijack this thread, this is a beis medrash, a holy place- phrom now on please respond to things by quoting them bimkomam and adding your delightphul insights, regards to guphey...

Re: NAMES! NAMES! NAMES! 31 Oct 2012 17:14 #146995

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mr. wrote on 31 Oct 2012 16:58:

On a totaly unrelated note, in the Newberry Award nominated tale : But no Green Elephants! (a subtle hack on all

those SAVE THE WHALES and GREENPEACE wackos) it mentions a bottle of Woodford rolloing on the ground. no for

those who are in the know, it is physicaly impossible for a Woodford bottle to roll, therefore we may need to

change the girsa to "spinning on the floor", or "laying on floor" vdoik.

Not if you have the extra-good stuph...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes