Welcome, Guest

Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 3725 Views

Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 14:26 #63898

• admin2
Dear members,

As you may or may not know, our site has been amongst the hundreds and thousands of sites that got targeted by a virus that was circulating internet forums and Wordpress blogs last week. We thank you all for your patience during the past few days when the forum was offline while we dealt with the issue.

Just to get the forum back up and running with minimum downtime, we've decided to temporarily host it here on this server. In the meantime though, we continue to do work on our own server, and when things are completely sorted out over there, we'll move the forum back to where it was before. Please continue to bear with us.

Needing to replace all the files anyway, we took this opportunity to update the site with the latest software, SMF 2.0 RC2, and we hope you enjoy the new look and feel! In a rush to get the site back up - as is - some of our users may be noticing some errors in the software which haven't yet been weeded out by our developers. If you have any such errors, please do let us know by posting them here in this area, and we'll deal with them as soon as we can. Posting your software issues here in this area will let everyone know that an error's already been reported, and we don't get repeat messages reporting that same issue.

In order to make our job easier for us, we ask you to please take a screenshot of your issue and post it here. This can be simply done by:

1. Pressing the "Fn" key on (the bottom left of) your keyboard together with the "Prnt Scrn" key on the top right corner.
2. Opening the Paint application and pasting (Crtl+V) this inside the window.
3. Saving your file, and uploading it right here to this thread.

Thank you for all your help,
admin2
Last Edit: by .

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 14:35 #63900

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What do you mean when you say that the will be moved back to where it originally was? 

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 14:42 #63903

• admin2
Like you see in the address bar above, we've set things up that when you go to www.rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum, you get redirected to another address. The site is being temporarily hosted on a different server.

admin2

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 15:06 #63906

• commando612
Admin2:

Thanks for the tip ! In case no one has reported this yet:
90% of the Avatars (pics) have vanished from this forum

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 15:11 #63909

• admin2
When I have a free minute, I'll have to go through the backup files and restore all the avatars.

Thanks for letting me know about that!

admin2

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 15:31 #63912

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
GUARD even remade himself with a new name: ADMIN 2

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 15:49 #63919

• admin2
We've been receiving many e-mails informing us of the blank design that displays when clicking on different areas in the forum, and also that some random signatures extend way out of their design area. Both of these issues will be taken care of at our earliest opportunity, and thank you to all those who've been reporting!

admin2

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 17:33 #63944

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 763 days
admin2 is not guard. It's another hidden tzadik who is helping us with admin-type-stuff 

We decided not to return the forum to the old rehab-my-site.com site, but rather to try and get it up in www.guardyoureyes.org/forum (like the Hebrew forum is at www.guardyoureyes.org/forumheb/

Another important issue that needs to be fixed, is for all the old links to work. Once we have settled in our new server, we'll need a redirect, so that every old link to the rehab forum (thousands of which are scattered throughout posts, the handbooks and the websites) will go to the appropriate page on the guardyoureyes forum. For example, this old link to info on Zeva's groups: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=543.0
Will need to go to www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=543.0
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 17:43 #63947

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
V'amech kulam TZADIKIM!!!!

Hashem must be sooooo proud!!!

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 18:14 #63956

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Some of the threads don't display properly, even after being refreshed.

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 18:22 #63960

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
why are the wall of honor threads all messed up?

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 19:17 #63966

• admin2
silentbattle wrote on 05 May 2010 18:14:

Some of the threads don't display properly, even after being refreshed.

Does anyone still have this problem? If so, in what areas?

admin2

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 19:26 #63967

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
As of a few minutes ago, the Wall of Honor boards still display like a site map, I guess that's in HTML. i sent a screen shot to guard a few hours ago. My own Avatar shows up, but I can't make heads or tails of how to post right now in my journal.

Maybe it is only a Mac issue, for folks like me using Safari. Can we identify if it's happening on PC's as well?

BTW, to take a screen shot on the MAC, press and hold SHIFT-COMMAND-3 and you'll hear a sound of a camera shutter, then the screen shot will be automatically saved to your desktop. Change the file name if you want to identify it, otherwise it's named by time and date.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 19:33 #63968

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
OK, here's some news:

I just went to a pc in the office, and VOILA! the WOH boards displays fine!

So I jumped back to my Mac and VOILA! the WOH boards displays fine!

I don't know whether to feel like a pingpong ball or a jerk.

But at least it's fixed NOW!!

Of course, the signatures are still in the wrong different place, but good luck getting us all back up and running!!
Thank you!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: 05 May 2010 19:36 by .

Re: Welcome to SMF 2.0 RC2! 05 May 2010 21:27 #64013

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 05 May 2010 17:33:
We decided not to return the forum to the old rehab-my-site.com site, but rather to try and get it up in www.guardyoureyes.org/forum (like the Hebrew forum is at www.guardyoureyes.org/forumheb/

Good. Because this temporary "mydumpinggrounds.com" stuff was really making me feel a little worthless. Dumping grounds, indeed!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes