Welcome, Guest

Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 3747 Views

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 14 Feb 2010 04:00 #53052

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Holy Yid wrote on 12 Feb 2010 20:37:

Truth is that if the Modern Circles make a big deal about us there will be a trickle down effect to Yeshivish circles.

It may work both ways.  We're one Klal Yisrael, after all.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 14 Feb 2010 21:07 #53148

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
Kedusha wrote on 14 Feb 2010 04:00:

Holy Yid wrote on 12 Feb 2010 20:37:

Truth is that if the Modern Circles make a big deal about us there will be a trickle down effect to Yeshivish circles.

It may work both ways.  We're one Klal Yisrael, after all.

True, but Yeshivish circles seem to be more reluctant to address this issue publicly. For many they would rather leave it under the rug.

If the modern community address it more openly and talks about options for help, like our site, then the Yeshivish community will hear about us more.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 14 Feb 2010 21:09 #53149

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Halevai!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 21 Feb 2010 21:16 #54605

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
The Chasidishe Rabonim don't stop talking about the dangers of internet. The problem may be that they think once someone has a filter has been installed he will be protectected. That is underestimating the Yetzer Horah.

If we want to engage in 'class warfare', we can bring up the point: Kol hagodol m'chaveiro, Yitzro godol mimeno..... Now who is the godol m'chavero........?

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 21 Feb 2010 21:53 #54624

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
the problem is that Rabbis will talk till they are blue in the face about how the web destroys people but very few want to admit that there are many very frum pepole ADDICTED to p*** and that GYE helps with ADDICTION.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 21 May 2010 18:20 #66182

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 10 Feb 2010 18:13:

imtrying25 wrote on 10 Feb 2010 18:03:

way to go kedusha. I guess you have some siyata deshmaya too. This past motzei shabbos i had a meeting set up with quite a chusheveh person and speaker, but it never came to fruition. I guess migalgilin zechus al yedai zakai!!!!

Thank you Return and IMT.

IMT, why not just try again?

I was just going to say that. Try again. Slightly differently. And if necessary learn from your experience how to do it.

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 21 May 2010 18:25 #66183

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 21 Feb 2010 21:16:

The Chasidishe Rabonim don't stop talking about the dangers of internet. The problem may be that they think once someone has a filter has been installed he will be protectected. That is underestimating the Yetzer Horah.

If we want to engage in 'class warfare', we can bring up the point: Kol hagodol m'chaveiro, Yitzro godol mimeno..... Now who is the godol m'chavero........?

I think that if they were aware of this site and educated about it, they would take it more seriously.

I also think that it is getting to be more understood now that filters are not foolproof. However the GYE approach is not that well known yet.
Last Edit: 25 May 2010 20:01 by .

Re: Conversation with World-Renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek 21 May 2010 18:28 #66184

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 10 Feb 2010 15:39:

I just had the privilege of speaking on the phone with a world-renowned Talmid Chacham and Posek, who is highly respected in the Modern Orthodox world (as well as in other circles).

It was a brief conversation, but long enough to tell him what GYE does, about the Haskamos we recently received, and to get his e-mail address (his private one, that he actually checks).  I said that a letter of support from him would be very helpful, especially in reaching out to the Modern Orthodox world, and he sounded supportive.

The Ribbono Shel Olam should give us continued Hatzlacha in spreading the word!

Great!!

Great idea and great going!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes