Welcome, Guest

[POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life?
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 48036 Views

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 00:42 #64807

• Dov
  • Administrator
Well, let's come right out with it then: Is anyone here dating my daughter, or not!?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 01:10 #64813

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 12 May 2010 00:42:

Well, let's come right out with it then: Is anyone here dating my daughter, or not!?

I said I wouldn't necessarily mind a recoverying addict as a SON-IN-LAW; I didn't say anything about having one as a MECHUTEN! Control yourself, Bearman!

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 01:11 #64815

• Dov
  • Administrator
I was kidding....I hope!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 02:28 #64834

• jooboy
  • Gold Boarder
I just saw the original question of this thread and love it!

When I joined Sexaholics Anonymous 7 months ago I was mortified at the idea of meeting someone I know at a meeting and of course...eventually I did.

Now, I always hope when I go to a meeting that maybe someone I know will be there.  Being in a fellowship of people struggling with the same problems is an amazing experience.  My whole life I have not been able to develop close friendships because I could never let anyone really know me.  I had a huge part of my life that was a dark secret.  The opportunity to be able to let go of that shame and secrecy is an amazing gift of GOD and I have begun to really make true connections. 

I would encourage anyone dealing with this addiction to take the plunge and meet each other face to face in a meeting type setting.  The payback is priceless.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 15:21 #64937

• commando612

Dov, I think I am dating your daughter. We had our first date last night and she was wearing a T-shirt which said "My dad did Step # 9 and all he got me was this lousy T-shirt".  ;D

It would be a true honor to be a son-in-law of "The Rebbeh".

Do you have any Woodford handy for the vort ?  :o

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 15:43 #64946

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
you guys make me laugh!  ;D... funny hahaha

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 17:03 #64965

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder

OK, Dov, I'll confess. I'm dating your daughter. And your son. And your German Shepherd. I met them all in the parking lot behind the pizza shop. But it was worth resetting my count.

And you say these things don't follow from generation to generation!

You ALL know that I'm kidding, right?!?!?!?!?

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 17:05 #64967

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

YOU GUYS ARE HILARIOUS! I HAVE STITCHES IN MY SIDE!!!!!!!!!

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 12 May 2010 17:07 #64968

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Briut wrote on 12 May 2010 17:03:

OK, Dov, I'll confess. I'm dating your daughter. And your son. And your German Shepherd. I met them all in the parking lot behind the pizza shop. But it was worth resetting my count.

And you say these things don't follow from generation to generation!

You ALL know that I'm kidding, right?!?!?!?!?

> :o > :o > :o > :o > :o > :o

:-\ :-X

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 13 May 2010 09:54 #65167

when Im on GYE I totally forget that we're all a bunch of guys that have done disgusting things, I see it as a place where people really want to grow and become better people right down to the core- to their yesod. I get so much chizuk from here and it's almost the only place where I'm focused on the most important things in life.

That being the case, if I discovered someone who was already a good friend I think I would be shocked at first but happy to share with them and help eachother out in a real-life (as opposed to anonymous) way. Id love to meet a few guys from the forum in person, but then again like sb said a while back, the anonymity and non-judgementalness (not sure if thats a word...) is a fair chunk of what makes GYE so effective.

This is a great opportunity to tell you guys that I love you!
Last Edit: 13 May 2010 09:59 by .

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 13 May 2010 10:06 #65169

• Dov
  • Administrator
Anyone who thinks that in person they'd be more judgmental , raise your hand!

Nobody?

OK....

So there, An Honest Mouse.

...and anyway Briut etc., our daughter is on assignment in Fiji and is allergic to cotton so can't buy t-shirts, my son is lactose intolerant so he never goes near pizza shops, and our dog is a Yorkie....so good luck.

But the step 9 Tee was hilarious and a great idea for the next time I go to a pervert conference! Thanks Commando!

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 13 May 2010 11:21 #65176

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 13 May 2010 10:06:
...and anyway Briut etc., our daughter is on assignment in Fiji and is allergic to cotton so can't buy t-shirts, my son is lactose intolerant so he never goes near pizza shops, and our dog is a Yorkie....so good luck....

Oh, thanks GOODNESS, Dov! I wasn't sure if my joking was clear enough. Someone sent me a PM to suggest it was offensive and I should take down the references to children and worse. I wasn't sure what I should do.

So I'm now going to assume that the joshing is indeed all taken in good jest. And I suppose the line would be, , "[get them to the Forum] if they can't take a joke." I'll leave the post intact, and just try to be more sensitive for next time.

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 13 May 2010 13:58 #65200

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
i thought is was funny! if you guys could not tell than i will have to do this again.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THAT WAS FUNNY! FUNNY! FUNNY! FUNNY!

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 14 May 2010 01:12 #65312

• Dov
  • Administrator
We got the point!  ;D :o :

Re: [POLL] How would you react to being recognized here by someone in real life? 14 May 2010 01:45 #65317

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
you do?  ???

well in that case i don't have to say anything more about how you guys really cheer me up.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes