Welcome, Guest

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?)
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 51833 Views

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 12:05 #34890

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I think it would be very enlightening for us to know HOW you found out about us.
- Was it an on-line ad? If so, where?
- Was it a printed ad? What mag/newspaper?
- Was it an article about us? Where?
- A flyer someone hung up somewhere?
- Did you find it on Google by chance?
- Did you find it on Google while looking for bad stuff?  
- Word of mouth?
- Therapist?
- Mashgiach?
- etc...

And if you are not too afraid of anonymity issues, it would also be nice to know WHERE you live... So for example, if people could post on this thread something like this:

"Where What When" magazine - Baltimore

or something like that.

Thanks guys!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2009 12:23 by avitheking .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? 15 Dec 2009 12:08 #34891

• TrYiNg
Saw online ads and also I guess word of mouth. Meaning, someone on a different forum refered people to this site..
Last Edit: by anonymous*.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? 15 Dec 2009 12:10 #34894

• the.guard
TrYiNg wrote on 15 Dec 2009 12:08:

Saw online ads and also I guess word of mouth. Meaning, someone on a different forum refered people to this site..

Thanks, but it would help a lot more if you could tell us WHICH on-line ads? YeshivaWorld? VIN? Arutz 7? - And WHICH forums/blogs?

This is what we're TrYing to figure out 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by meir_b.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? 15 Dec 2009 12:14 #34896

• TrYiNg
VIN & frumteen
Also yeshiva world, jst remembered..
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2009 23:10 by one struggler.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? 15 Dec 2009 12:18 #34899

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Honestly guard this question has its reprcussions. Foe example i dont want to say where i saw about guardyoureyes for obvious reasons. Not that i mind but i dont want to write it here. it wont do any good and may even be detrimental. get what im trying to say? And im sure im not the only one. I know that others have also found it in uncanny manners.
Last Edit: by fffgff.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? 15 Dec 2009 12:22 #34902

• the.guard
imtrying25 wrote on 15 Dec 2009 12:18:

Honestly guard this question has its reprcussions. Foe example i dont want to say where i saw about guardyoureyes for obvious reasons. Not that i mind but i dont want to write it here. it wont do any good and may even be detrimental. get what im trying to say? And im sure im not the only one. I know that others have also found it in uncanny manners.

Why not? That's actually the coolest! We've had a few people post on the forum that they found us by Googling inappropriate stuff... It's like finding Hashem down in the mud! Yup, He's there too. (Especially on Chanukah!)

You don't have to post exactly what words you Googled (although I'd be interested to hear by e-mail). After all, we all know what you were doing BEFORE you found GYE  
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2009 12:24 by avitheking .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 12:56 #34909

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
saw it first on arutz 7. Then yeshivaworld and finally had the guts to click

and sooo happy I did

Guard, you sneak. You are going to put a meta tage with every frum nevalah in the book! B'Tachbulos T'aseh Lecha Milchama!
Last Edit: by jejsieuisi.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 13:08 #34911

• habib613
i think YWN, but i didn't understand the ad.
it was a little vague.
i clicked out of curiosity,because it KEPT coming up.
and then i found GYE...
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
thanks R' guard
Last Edit: by fdsfsd.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 14:33 #34927

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My therapist told me to check it out - I live in NY.
Last Edit: by ali shah.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 15:01 #34936

• yechidah
a chaburah with three friends getting together for 45 minutes once a week to discuss and learn to give ourselves chizzuk on different areas and challenges.

and last year the topic of shmiras eynayim and those issues came up.

and one Yid there brings in the handbook.

and I give him my email adress for the daily chizzuk

and the rest is history

if the meetings or the topic would not have come up,I wouldn't have known

brooklyn ny

Last Edit: 15 Dec 2009 15:54 by tzvi koenig.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 15:11 #34938

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
VIN- very eye cating ad- i am from tristate area

-Yiddle
Last Edit: by anonymou.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 15:20 #34940

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
yeshiva world- totally freaky man drowning ad...
brooklyn!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by torahboost.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 15:55 #34950

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually saw it on a different forum. A real sick one too. A guy was asking for help in these areas. Who knows why in hell he was asking on that forum? But i saw the request and i saw someone answer with a couple of sites. Well guardyoureyes was one of them. Sometimes i think that maybe the guy asked just so that I should see it. Who knows?? Oh and im from Yerushalayim.
Last Edit: by mendy+live52.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 17:33 #34979

• Lechayim
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Gold Boarder
Also Yeshiva World. I don't think  others should mention bad sites where they saw your ad? We don't need more exposure to those sites!
Last Edit: by yauh2o.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 15 Dec 2009 18:10 #34985

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
I believe that I first found out about GYE on Yeshiva World.

And, you know where I'm from.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by katb.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes