Welcome, Guest

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?)
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 51834 Views

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 01 Jun 2010 23:34 #68221

• yedidyaaleph
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
hope you are doing O.K. Were you away for Shabbos?
Anyway, wondering if you work out. Does that help you get rid of some of your nervous energy ?  Hope you are making more friends and keeping active in wholesome activities.
Last Edit: by .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 10 Aug 2010 02:23 #76279

• onedayatatime
I found GYE through a Google search a few years back.  but only recently signed up

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 17 Aug 2010 18:45 #76739

• yedidyaaleph
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
I want to express my grattitude to GYE for my new round of sobriety. After 49 days of sobriety, i fell. i was slipping and sliding and  was having a very difficult time regaining my sobriety. At that time i was trying to find a sponsor from GYE.
B.H. ,I reached out to one of the GYE "chevra" through pm,E-mail and telephone.
He mentioned to me that he goes to live S.A. meetings. I was pretty  frustrated at that point and when I found out that the meetings were only a few blocks away from my office in Manhattan,i went running over there. B.H. my new friend agreed to be my sponsor and i have been going to the meetings regularly since then. BH, i feel that this round of sobriety from m* and p* is much more solid. Since then, i've learned that the most important day of sobriety is today.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 17 Aug 2010 20:20 #76742

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow - thank you!!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 22 Aug 2010 09:13 #76964

a mashhgiach told me

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 31 Aug 2010 20:34 #77473

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
I was up to no good on Only Simchas and I saw a box on the home page. I thought it might be worth a look. Boruch Hashem.
I live in Eretz Yisroel.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2010 08:37 by .

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 05 Oct 2010 21:47 #79629

• joeshmo
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Senior Boarder
Found GYE on: www.truekabbalah.org/ - which I highly recommended as well.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 08 Oct 2010 14:51 #80017

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
shul newsletter

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 23 Nov 2010 12:27 #86319

• yesod tzadik
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Expert Boarder
Google

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 07 Dec 2010 04:43 #88162

google

(definitely not in a standard search - I wrote more about it in my www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=3101.0">introduce-yourself thread)

currently monsey (plan to be moving soon though)

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 07 Dec 2010 06:08 #88176

• d_teddybear
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Google

canada,eh!

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 07 Dec 2010 17:54 #88221

• d_teddybear
  • Fresh Boarder
i like dirt. i like money

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 07 Dec 2010 20:08 #88264

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
Wow, not a single member admits to being from Lakewood.

I guess the takanos in Lakewood work :-\
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 08 Dec 2010 02:02 #88333

• d_teddybear
  • Fresh Boarder
money sings.

a beautiful tear jerking lullaby....

oy such negative tayvos i have....

Re: HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT GYE? - (oh, and Where are you from?) 13 May 2011 10:56 #105865

• shomerbris
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I found GYE through the "Divrei Chizuk" website.

www.divreichizuk.com/id44.html

Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes