Welcome, Guest

Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 11967 Views

Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 25 Feb 2009 10:56 #3253

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Right click the links and choose "Save Link/Target As"

R' Yisrael Reisman Shlit"a: A MUST for anyone struggling with these issues.

This Shiur, given recently by Rabbi Yisroel Reisman, discusses the little-known Middah of “Netzach.”  We believe that the GYE community will find this Shiur very inspiring and insightful, both for its general theme and for the specific discussion of the Nisyonos of the Internet. (The Shiur is being shared in its entirety with the generous permission of the copyright holder.  Please note that permission is granted to download only for your personal use.  This Shiur, and hundreds of other Shiurim by Rabbi Reisman, can be purchased and downloaded here, or contact navitapes@gmail.com.)

A Great Video Shiur on Shmiras Ainayim called "Eyes of Holiness" by R' Lazer Brody.

A great Shiur by Rabbi Shafier (www.theshmuz.com). If you don't have time to listen to the whole thing, you MUST listen at least to this 5 minute clip.

Other Shiurim by Rabbi Shafier that are also great for this topic.
- Soton Out of the Box
- Tricks of the Soton
- Stage 1 of Change: Denial
- Stage 2 of Change: Support Groups
- Stage 3 of Change: Taking Action

Download Rabbi Miller's "eye-opening" Shmiras Einayim Shiur.

Maintaining Kedusha in an Overexposed Society - Rabbi Mayer Twersky and Dr. David Pelcovitz

Rabbi Tatz on Marriage - powerful (scroll down to Marriage part 1 and Marriage part 2)

Rabbi Zechariah wallerstein has a video shiur about shmiras einayim called "challenges of summer". Click here and then click on the picture on the screen to start the download.

If you heard a Shiur somewhere on-line that helped you in these struggles - PLEASE SEND US THE LINK
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2011 18:49 by .

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 04 Aug 2009 03:26 #10603

• bochur28
torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/index.html

Rabbi Zechariah wallerstein has a shiur on this site about shmiras einayim - hit ctrl + f and type in 'challenges of summer', there's a download ption, as well as streaming from the site.
Last Edit: by winby30.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 06 Aug 2009 16:16 #11071

• the.guard
Rabbi B. Tz. Twerski
Signup and download is free for this shiur.
www.torahmedia.com/search/fileinfo.php?sid=l89mh53204i043s&cid=&directlink=29731&frompage=

Posted by "Chazak"
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 17 Aug 2009 21:27 #12835

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by torahora.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 21 Aug 2009 08:22 #13624

• the.guard
shiur from R' Bentzion Twersky

www.torahmedia.com/search/fileinfo.php?sid=l89mh53204i043s&cid=&directlink=29692&frompage=

All the tricks to guarding our eyes are great (like on this page). They can and do work. But they can still take a lot out of you. There’s a constant struggle, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose (even if you don’t act out) and it’s very draining. Instead, in this amazing shiur from R' Bentzion Twersky, he says that the long term answer is to address the root cause, which is to change your character so that this is not something you want. If you don’t want it, you won’t see it (he gives a mashal for this – listen to the shiur!).

You address the root cause by focusing on what you want instead (hopefully Torah and a connection to Hashem) and as you work on that you will slowly become that.  It’s a lofty goal but in the long run, it will put you in a different place entirely and all these strategies will become unnecessary.  And lofty goals are achieved step by step, one day at a time, as we know.  So start today!
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2009 13:29 by dwithshit.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 23 Aug 2009 16:05 #13776

• the.guard
Someone posted on the forum at www.jewishsexuality.com:

Interesting Lecture on Dealing with Temptations

I just heard a really helpful, interesting lecture called: Maintaining Kedusha in an Overexposed Society - Rabbi Mayer Twersky and Dr. David Pelcovitz. The _link_ to this lecture is:

www.yutorah.org/lectures/lecture.cfm/731589/_Artists_Various/Maintaining_Kedusha_in_an_Overexposed_Society_-_Rabbi_Mayer_Twersky_and_Dr._David_Pelcovitz

It includes both religious and psychological aspects of the struggle against sexual temptations, along with tools for dealing with these issues.
Last Edit: by hopefulljew89.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 17 Sep 2009 14:12 #18718

• mevakesh
Just wanted to post a link here to a fantastic lecture serious from Rabbi Moshe Wolfson, mashgiach of Yeshivas Torah Vdas and Rav of the famous Emunas Yisroel shul in Boro Park.

Rabbi Wolfson has been lecturing on the topic of emunah for many years as this subject has been the focal point of his hashkafas ha'chaim.

Engendering a deep and lasting emunah in Hashem is a crucial aspect of any recovery whether it be 12 step based or not.

In my opinion, these lectures are worth their weight in gold.

www.613.org/wolfson.html

Also, for many other free and current shiurim in many languages see www.kolhashiurim.com
Last Edit: by PloniAlmoni272.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 18 Sep 2009 06:01 #18891

• PostalServicio
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: by rotzeh.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 05 Oct 2009 07:17 #21895

• the.guard
Last Edit: by England315.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 17 Nov 2009 12:46 #29028

• the.guard
Posted by Steve613:

www.yutorah.org/lectures/lecture.cfm/733655/Rabbi_Baruch_Simon/47-Binyan_Issur_Hotza'as_Zera_Livatalah

Note: The shiur is more halachik than hashlafic and could possibly be a trigger for some folks.
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2009 15:58 by Naejluap12345.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 17 Dec 2009 18:09 #35478

• PostalServicio
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: by לייזר אלימלך.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 17 Dec 2009 19:45 #35516

• the.guard
Last Edit: by gboyoy2.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 17 Dec 2009 20:24 #35542

• ano nymous
  • Platinum Boarder
This is a great shiur by Rabbi Twerski.

"My Own Struggle with Low Self-Esteem"
Get it at www.torahweb.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?name=2008/esteem/dtwe_072808.mp3
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2009 19:28 by maxicosi.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 24 Dec 2009 11:08 #37629

• Kollel Guy
Sorry ano, but the link doesn't work.  ???
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2009 11:33 by shmuelw36490.

Re: Great Shiruim To Help in These Struggles 24 Dec 2009 11:28 #37638

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kollel Guy wrote on 24 Dec 2009 11:08:

Sorry eye, but the link doesn't work.  ???
Het KG i think you meant Ano.
Last Edit: by findmoo6.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes