Welcome, Guest
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smartphones 2741 Views

Smartphones 07 May 2017 05:05 #312424

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HI. Looking for opinions on what I am writing here. Recently there has been a big push in my community that people should switch to "dumb phones" and if necessary have a tablet for email, etc. The purpose is to remove the constant attachment to internet. The reasoning is that the majority of people nowadays carry a phone all day, but do not need that same constant availability to the web. The accomplishment is twofold. One - for the owner of the phone, the nisayon has been moved another step away. Two - children see their parents less hooked on the phone in general and if they need to borrow the phone, it is not a sakana for them. Quite a large number of people have already made the switch and are very happy with the results. What does the oilam say?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Smartphones 07 May 2017 07:10 #312426

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Hashem Help Me wrote on 07 May 2017 05:05:
HI. Looking for opinions on what I am writing here. Recently there has been a big push in my community that people should switch to "dumb phones" and if necessary have a tablet for email, etc. The purpose is to remove the constant attachment to internet. The reasoning is that the majority of people nowadays carry a phone all day, but do not need that same constant availability to the web. The accomplishment is twofold. One - for the owner of the phone, the nisayon has been moved another step away. Two - children see their parents less hooked on the phone in general and if they need to borrow the phone, it is not a sakana for them. Quite a large number of people have already made the switch and are very happy with the results. What does the oilam say?

Sounds like common sense.
As long as no one looks down at the baal habattim who need a smartphone.

Re: Smartphones 07 May 2017 17:40 #312438

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ditto
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Smartphones 07 May 2017 19:12 #312457

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 07 May 2017 05:05:

Probably the biggest thing that my phone is Waze with real-time traffic. Why don't people do about that? Can you use the tablet with Waze and mount it?

Re: Smartphones 08 May 2017 00:03 #312484

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Waze works on tablets
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Smartphones 08 May 2017 18:55 #312568

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Excellent idea. I have seen it be very productive for a few people.

I have a little practical experience so if you have any concerns or questions, please PM me as I may be able to help. 
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: Smartphones 17 Sep 2017 13:03 #320362

• Shevayipoltzadiq
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Junior Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
talk n tech sells a phone with just email and waze.

in israel they just started seling waze devices with nothing else but waze.

WARNING: If you click the spoiler you will get too much chizuk!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes