Welcome, Guest

Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!"
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 26196 Views

Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 18 Nov 2009 16:41 #29306

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Chevra,

The "$90 for 90 days" challenge has had mixed success.  My understanding is that no one made it to 90 days, but that some people were able to go further than they had in the past.

Here's another idea that I ran by Guard, and he said that we're welcome to try it.

I propose that we offer a "super-incentive" to someone to give them an unusually powerful boost to get them to 90 days.  Unfortunately, the Bill Gates foundation has declined to provide a $10 million mega-incentive, so we had to come up with something else.  For reasons that will become clear, the challenge would be called "Match, Double, Ninety!"

Here's how it would work:

1.) Guard would select someone who has had a hard time getting to 90, but is willing to set up numerous safeguards, give it a real solid effort this time around, and operate with complete integrity.  The person should have between 7-30 days clean.

2.) If the person matches his/her previous record (but not less than 15 days, and not less than 7 days from the time the challenge begins), GYE gets $50-$100 ($10 per sponsor).

3.) If the person doubles his/her previous record (but not less than 30 days, and not less than 14 days from the time the challenge begins), GYE gets $125-$250 (including the money already received; that would be $25 per sponsor).

4.) If the person reaches 90 days, GYE gets $500-$1000 (including the money already received; that would be $100 per sponsor).

5-10 people would each agree to donate up to $100 to fund this challenge.  The entire forum can root the person on as he/she works on each of the three milestones, which would be a tremendous Chizuk for all of us.  Also, others will, hopefully, join in the challenge out of solidarity.

Please post below (or send me a PM) if you're interested in being a sponsor (maximum cost: $100).  

If you're interested in being chosen for this super-incentive, please send a PM to Guard.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2009 14:36 by nattanfromuman.

Re: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 18 Nov 2009 18:28 #29330

• kedusha
  • Administrator
1.) If you previously volunteered to sponsor someone in the "$90 for 90 days" challenge, please consider redirecting your sponsorship towards this new "super-incentive."

2.) If the potential of having to pay $100 is more than you can afford, two or more people can share a sponsorship.  Just post how much you would be willing to contribute, or send me a PM.

3.) If you don't want to be the first to respond, let me help out: b'li Neder, I'd be willing to be a $100 sponsor.

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 18 Nov 2009 18:30 by Rich.

Re: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 18 Nov 2009 19:32 #29357

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Feel free to comment, even if you're not able to be a sponsor!  
Last Edit: by nevin.

Re: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 18 Nov 2009 19:36 #29360

• habib613
i wish i could...
i dunno if i can.
anyone wanna split with me?
Last Edit: by trying my best.

Re: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 18 Nov 2009 19:48 #29362

• kedusha
  • Administrator
habib613 wrote on 18 Nov 2009 19:36:

i wish i could...
i dunno if i can.
anyone wanna split with me?

Thank you, Habib, for jumping in and for considering a partial sponsorship.  If you go 50/50 with someone, it would cost each of you $5 if the person matches his previous record, $12.50 (which would include the $5 already contributed) if the person doubles his previous record, and $50 (which would include the $12.50 already contributed) if the person makes it to 90 days.

I'm hoping that, whoever is chosen for the challenge, that many others will decide to "take the challenge" with him/her out of solidarity.  Maybe this can be the boost so many of us need (it would also be a boost for GYE's budget!   :D).  Because the challenge involves three distinct milestones, with an incentive for each, it may be more doable than the standard 90-day challenge.
Last Edit: 18 Nov 2009 19:57 by #hashemlovesme.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 19 Nov 2009 22:26 #29583

• kedusha
  • Administrator
It's a problem - no one wants to comment here, lest they be hit for a donation!  

Again, for those who agreed to sponsor someone in the "$90 for 90 days" challenge, please consider redirecting your sponsorship here.  We need at least 5 sponsors, and we have (maybe) 1 1/2.  

The hope is that this challenge will inspire numerous people to make it to 90 days: the person who is chosen for the challenge, and those who join him or her in solidarity.  If the 90-day goal is achieved, the incentive ($500-$1,000) would give GYE the opportunity to reach out to others, who would, b'Ezras Hashem, ultimately offer Chizuk to the next "generation" of GYE members.  It's a never ending cycle of Zechusim, and it starts right here!

Last Edit: 19 Nov 2009 22:31 by cfeld.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 19 Nov 2009 22:30 #29585

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I think people are afraid of over-populating this thread. 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by cfeld.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 19 Nov 2009 22:32 #29586

• kedusha
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 19 Nov 2009 22:30:

I think people are afraid of over-populating this thread. 

It's a valid concern - maybe we need to lock it!  :D ;D
Last Edit: by yiiiiiiii.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 19 Nov 2009 22:48 #29588

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Rage ATM wrote on 19 Nov 2009 22:41:

ever wonder what job youll have when the bet hamikdash is reinstated?

id apply for this one with the bet din:

מי שאינו רוצה ליתן צדקה, או שייתן מעט ממה שראוי לו--בית דין כופין אותו, ומכין אותו עד שייתן מה שאמדוהו ליתן

Great idea - line up RATM!  ;D
Last Edit: by shloimz.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 20 Nov 2009 05:17 #29613

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 19 Nov 2009 22:41:

ever wonder what job youll have when the bet hamikdash is reinstated?

id apply for this one with the bet din:

מי שאינו רוצה ליתן צדקה, או שייתן מעט ממה שראוי לו--בית דין כופין אותו, ומכין אותו עד שייתן מה שאמדוהו ליתן

Now not only do i think your an extremist Rage but your also CLINICLY ILL!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by lazyyid.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 21 Nov 2009 18:57 #29787

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I flunked the 90 day challenge before.

But I think I'm up for it now.

Have you got enough sponsors?

Last Edit: by moshe157.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 22 Nov 2009 00:04 #29805

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Eye.nonymous wrote on 21 Nov 2009 18:57:

I flunked the 90 day challenge before.

But I think I'm up for it now.

Have you got enough sponsors?

Not yet?  Anyone?
Last Edit: by rayr9167.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 22 Nov 2009 01:53 #29823

• TrYiNg
I wish i can do it, but it don seem like I could. Next best thing i can do is be a sponsor..
GO EYE.NONYMOUS!!
Last Edit: by Youcandothis.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 22 Nov 2009 03:07 #29843

• kedusha
  • Administrator
TrYiNg wrote on 22 Nov 2009 01:53:

I wish i can do it, but it don seem like I could. Next best thing i can do is be a sponsor..
GO EYE.NONYMOUS!!

Thank you, Trying, for wanting to help.  In this battle, Ratzon is the most important thing! 
Last Edit: by john lam.

Re: Super-Incentive: "Match, Double, Ninety!" 22 Nov 2009 12:46 #29869

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
So we have Kedusha and Trying as potential sponsors for Eye... That's a good start, no?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by trying91.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes