Welcome, Guest

Why no Statistics?
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why no Statistics? 1573 Views

Why no Statistics? 12 Mar 2013 20:37 #203433

Hello everyone,

This site is relatvely new to me. I've looked it over for the last two weeks and find it has a lot of merit. However, there is some information I have been looking for and have not found yet. That is: a few statistics. For instance, how many men face this problem today? 10%? 50%? 95%? If the overwhelming majority of men face this problem can we still call it an addiction? There is no question it is a negative habit and should be stopped, for so many different reasons. To be holy, to be loyal, to be sane, to be pure, being just a few. But again if such a high percentage of men suffer from this (most don't suffer to their knowledge) can we call this a disease. How is this different from people being addicted to television, the internet in general, their phones, texting, the news, overeating, junk food, sugar, etc.

There is no question in my mind that looking at indecent images is worse than any of the things I just mentionned. But I am just trying to get some perspective of this problem.

Here is the core of this issue. If we are addicts, if we have a disease, we should then strive to become normal, like everyone else. But the sad truth is that the new "normal" is that everyone seems to be into this. And worse, it is not such an issue with them. Unless you are trying to come closer to H-shem, none of this matters much. It could be an issue if they are married and get caught but not much more. The difficulty is trying to rise above all this and be different. Not "normal" but different. It seems to me the reason most people fall back is that they reason:"it can't be that bad if everyone is doing it." Rather than viewing it as someone reprehensible overcoming their sickly disease, I think it is more accurate to say it is so difficult to go against the environment. In the end, if you are able to do it, you are a hero, not a recovering addict.

I still have a lot to say, and reflect on, but this is a start. Your thoughts?

Re: Why no Statistics? 12 Mar 2013 21:10 #203438

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome DTH"T

you have come to the right place

I would like to quote Jozef Stalin if I may,

"One Death is a tragegy, Millions... Statistics"
end quote

basicaly the statistics don't matter

YOU matter

YOU need to get better and get out of your personal tragedy

(not meaning to knock you in any way)

BTW society at large is pretty pathetic, and in my opinion, we aint seen nothin' yet,

people are going to be more and more dependant on their devices, and will be frying their brains more and more...

If you want to survive this Ikvata DiMashicha, you need right now to decide which side of the fence yer on, because the Dark Side is getting Bigger, and more adaucious, and more cunning...

so yes, it could be that it is similar to peoples addictions to TV and Internet surfing in general,

but I think that those things are already taking a large toll on society in general

(see the breakdown of the institution of Marriage over the last 50 years!)

so maybe 95% of all men are ADDICTED to internet P**n and M**********g

that doen't justify anything, it just makes me think that we have this uncanny
resembalance to the Dor Hambul...

Their lives are still unmanageable

this is still an addiction
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes