Welcome, Guest

The RIGHT answer?
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The RIGHT answer? 2202 Views

The RIGHT answer? 06 Nov 2008 19:29 #763

• mdmjerusalem
WOW I CAN BE SAFE

I just experimented; a program which allows you to can actually type on someone else's computer
you can find at www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx
It is free for non commercial usage

A) So all I have to do now is...
  1) Insert my sponsors email address in the K9 filter

And when I need to edit the filter...
  1) Send my sponsor an email requesting the change
  2) He responds with some Chizuk and warnings
  3) We connect through the program (the code changes every time for security)
  4) He edits the filter accordingly, for 15 minutes (or so)
  5) I use the site I need until the change expires
  6) Every thing returns to safe mode again

Did anyone try it? or does anyone know the limitation or issues?
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2008 19:53 by .

Re: The RIGHT answer? 06 Nov 2008 20:47 #765

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Wow, that sounds like a brilliant idea! See how Hashem is "Mesaye'yah" to those who are "Ba Letaher"!

Here's another program just like the one you mentioned, which maybe even easier to use. No Install required.
www.enativ.com/downloads/ShowMyPC.exe

My question is, MDM, can you really set a change in K9 to last for only 15 minutes? I never knew that. Are you sure? But even if not, this idea allows your sponsor to put in the password without you even having access to it. And better yet, if you want to be even safer, you leave him access to your screen while you surf where you need. This way you wouldn't go anywhere you shouldn't, since he can see your screen (if he wants to - but he needn't actually watch the whole time. He can continue working, because YOU don't know that he is not looking)!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: The RIGHT answer? 09 Nov 2008 21:03 #779

• mdmjerusalem
Yes, in K9 you have a choice of how long the change should be.

But of course your idea is better to keep the other connected while at risk.
The program you linked to is also better being that you can choose only to show your browser which keeps your computer more private.

What do you all guys have to say about this?
would you let anyone access your computer like this?

Re: The RIGHT answer? 10 Nov 2008 14:52 #783

• mdmjerusalem
yes Chazak we can only rely on a easy and swift program
and it seems like ShowMyPC.exe does it

But i am still a little hesitant to let someone to my computer
how about you?

Re: The RIGHT answer? 10 Nov 2008 15:12 #784

• the.guard
It should be someone you trust. Someone that posts on this forum and seems sincere, I wouldn't worry too much.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: The RIGHT answer? 11 Nov 2008 19:15 #803

• mdmjerusalem
Chevra what do you think about this
wont this give us away
the SMS system has the same tight spot

Re: The RIGHT answer? 11 Nov 2008 19:40 #804

• Lev Tahor
  • Current streak: 64 days
  • Fresh Boarder
TeamViewer is a great program - I've used it for tech support a number of times. The user at the computer being viewed can disconnect the 'visitor' at any time, so it would be just fine for quick logins for password and setting changes.
As far as SMS goes, again it's an issue of trust. I think most of us are quite serious about recovery - and that involves trusting each other not to compromise our respective identities. (Incidentally there are ways to get cheap (or even free if you are willing to do a little legwork) phones which you could use just for SMS - like AT&T's GoPhones - which is what I do.)

Re: The RIGHT answer? 21 Dec 2008 21:05 #1604

• the.guard
Someone wrote me the following interesting idea for Accountability software:

I've used in the past is PC-Pandora at www.pcpandora.com/   it seems they have good reviews as well.
The program will email out very frequent logs INCLUDING screen snapshots! this is done via a free AOL email (or a PAID Yahoo email - for those residing outside of the US and therefore cannot use the AOL free account) account (beware that both the pc pandora site and even more so, AOL and Yahoo have pritzus on their email sites - however it will be a one time setup, in which afterwords it forwards to your own email account of your choice.
The accountability partner will have to handle the setup the download, passwords, configuration, as well as the new email forwarding account, so that you don't have control over it). They do have a trial period but it's free to test for only 120 minutes!

Re: The RIGHT answer? 22 Dec 2008 04:01 #1622

• PostalServicio
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
i find it interesting that k9 blocks this site for me.

Re: The RIGHT answer? 21 Jan 2009 01:10 #2118

• mdmjerusalem
You wont believe it but i actually changed my K9 address to GUARD

Re: The RIGHT answer? 21 Jan 2009 09:43 #2123

• battleworn
Congratulations! Mazel Tov! Way to go!
Last Edit: by Raymon.

Re: The RIGHT answer? 21 Jan 2009 10:52 #2125

• the.guard
Dear MDM, You have just done something that proves to us all - but mainly to yourself - that you are in this fight for REAL and you mean to beat this no matter what BE"H.
Last Edit: by Lonetravelerfl.

Re: The RIGHT answer? 28 Jan 2009 05:48 #2546

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
This is a reply to the person who said that K9 blocks that site. I have found that many filters do block their competitor's sites.

As long as I'm writing, I just found a new program which claims to be very good. It is "invisible" on the computer, tracks evrything and then some,  etc. So here is the link if anyone wants to check it out. I don't have a credit card to use at this moment, so I have not tried it yet.  You have to pay $97, and have a few days to check it out. I think that it also allows remote control of the user's computer.

www.webwatchernow.com/order-price.asp#price

Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009 15:58 by .

Re: The RIGHT answer? 28 Jan 2009 10:47 #2554

• the.guard
Contact Shomer and/or Boruch. They are working together and they seem to have found a fool-proof system with screen shots and all...

Re: The RIGHT answer? 01 Feb 2009 11:08 #2715

• the.guard
I'll send you an e-mail with their system...
Last Edit: by helpplease1.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes