Welcome, Guest

Shmiras Einayim while travelling
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shmiras Einayim while travelling 2567 Views

Re: Shmiras Einayim while travelling 21 Jul 2010 17:25 #75010

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
Well we certainly need to get those Project Inspire guys on our team. They are obviously good at what they do.

I was going to respond with a million reasons why it won't work, but instead of being pessimistic, I am going see how really inspired you are. If you want, I can PM you the schedule of my next trip and we can work together to see if we can make this happen.

I will sponsor the East Coast Danishes, but you are going to need to round up the Jews.
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shmiras Einayim while travelling 21 Jul 2010 17:42 #75013

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm up to the challenge.  I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 
The goal is eventually to have an interactive website in which travelers list cities and times where they will be going and prospective students list their locations and the two can contact one another.  But lets take one thing at a time and see if with the help of some kiruv organizations I can help find you some study partners.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2010 20:52 by .

Re: Shmiras Einayim while travelling 20 Aug 2010 16:03 #76923

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
kosher wrote on 12 Jul 2010 07:25:

I am working on a trip to Southwestern Utah, not to far from Las Vegas. My initial inclination was to stay in Las Vegas overnight where I can catch a minyan and for Mincha-Maariv and shachris and it would be a somewhat "kosher" environment. My second thought is that Las Vegas is known as "Sin City" and that does not sound like somewhere that I want to be.
Does anyone have experience and can give an opinion on this dilema?

In case anyone is following...

I went to Las Vegas. The airport and the surounding area ("The Strip") are pretty bad. But all airports are pretty bad, once you get outside the the airport area it is not much worse than any big city. The two shuls I davened in were very nice. The selection of kosher food at the local supermarket was good enough to make me almost hyperventilate from excitement (after a week on the road...) All in all, it seemed worthwhile.
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes