Welcome, Guest

For those of you who use FireFox
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: For those of you who use FireFox 1327 Views

For those of you who use FireFox 18 May 2010 17:36 #66024

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
I have found some add-ons that have helped block out images and videos from automatically playing when you enter a website. It doesnt always work but it helps. I also found an advertisement blocker which has been very usefull (even if you dont have this issue, advertisements are annoying, arent they?)

Here are the Add-Ons:

Adblock Plus addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/

Flashblock addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433/

Right now thats all I have. If anyone has any others please add to my list.

Sorry for those that dont use firefox, but if you dont you should. Its the best, safest, and fastest web browser out there.

Hatzlocha Rabbah everyone,

-Yiddle

Last Edit: by .

Re: For those of you who use FireFox 04 Sep 2010 19:58 #77808

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Don't forget ImgLikeOpera which is a Firefox add-on to block all images. You choose to open the images that you want one at a time or a whole page at once. The exact link is somewhere on GYE's website. It is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1672 from inside Firefox. This great add-on is only available for Firefox up until v3.5 so don't update to 3.6 yet. If you have 3.6 or higher you can simply install 3.5 from Filehippo and it will replace 3.6.
  If you insist on using Microsoft you can still block images. For IE6 you click open Tools then choose Internet Options from the drop-down-menu and pick the Advanced tab. You should have a long list of choices, look down to Multimedia and uncheck the box for Show Pictures. The only drawbacks are that you open images one at a time only and not a page at a time and you won't have a background picture on your desktop. Those drawbacks might be my ignorance or  failings of IE6 but it's a small price to pay.
  Or you could get Firefox.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2010 19:42 by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes