Welcome, Guest
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coaching 199 Views

Coaching 19 Feb 2023 15:10 #392309

I used a non Jewish coach who coaches guys who are struggling with any level of P/M, he’s great and it really works, clear results. I’m totally in control after 5 months of working with him. It’s a bit pricey but totally worth it. He’s been in it himself, he’s real and authentic, very compassionate.  His name is Danny Poelman you can look him up, he has a helpful podcast as well. 
dannypoelman.com 

Re: Coaching 19 Feb 2023 15:49 #392311

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Great for you, 5 month is really quick.
Would you share his approach.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Coaching 19 Feb 2023 19:02 #392320

I should say that I was never heavily addicted, it was more of a on and off struggle over the years. 
his coaching method is thought work. Changing the patterns in our brain. Lots of compassionate thinking and exercises. Being curious about ourselves and our urges, thereby letting them be, so they can fade away,  rather than fighting them and being judgmental toward ourselves. 
You need to want to change and believe that it’s possible for this to work. 

Re: Coaching 20 Feb 2023 15:43 #392362

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
for those reading this and thinking I don't want to pay.... GYE have many mentors who are happy to coach u for free.......!!

Re: Coaching 20 Feb 2023 16:48 #392363

There is a big difference between a mentor and a coach. As far as I know there is one coach on the GYE staff, who hasn’t been coaching recently because he is in school and busy.
But if a mentor works for you then great. 
Also, there is something about investing in your change that helps you change, when you pay for a program you are more likely to try to get the results that you want. 

Re: Coaching 20 Feb 2023 16:57 #392364

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chanoch hendel wrote on 20 Feb 2023 16:48:
There is a big difference between a mentor and a coach. As far as I know there is one coach on the GYE staff, who hasn’t been coaching recently because he is in school and busy.
But if a mentor works for you then great. 
Also, there is something about investing in your change that helps you change, when you pay for a program you are more likely to try to get the results that you want. 

Ok. I rephrase "For those who can't do the above, you can always try option B"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes