Welcome, Guest

Why don't more people post?
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why don't more people post? 248 Views

Why don't more people post? 12 Feb 2023 07:47 #391955

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there, all my holy friends, my special brothers at GYE! I've noticed, and I'm sure I'm not saying chiddushim to anyone, that the vast majority of people that visit here do not post. There are a few people who post, but the vast majority do not. Now, I understand the people that have a hard time posting about themselves and their struggles. Although now that I've done it I see it's from the healthiest first steps, I understand the hardship in opening up and sharing something that we try so desperately to hide from the world. But why aren't there more people posting in response to people's posts? When a guy writes that he made it to so many and so many days then people do generally post, congratulating him, which is beautiful. But when people post they fell, or if they post they are struggling with something, when they post questions in general, or struggles, why don't more people chime in? 
Vestu fregen, why is it so important? I started posting 2.5 months ago approximately. I know from myself that it was such chizuk for me to read the responses that people wrote. It made me feel that I was part of something, that I was part of the family, that people cared about me. So I learned on my flesh the power that posts are for the receiver. Every guy here can use plenty encouragement
Vestu fregen, am I the maven who knows the answer to somebody's problems? No, most of us are not professionals and don't have answers to most issues. But we can find things to post that will let the person know that we are there for him. Encouragement is free, and yet impossible to put a price tag on.
Vestu Fregen, what if what I was going to say was already written by somebody else? If the only point of the post was to be megaleh big chiddushim, then that would be a good question. But that is not the point. The post is your way of telling the guy that you care for him, that your heart is with him, so find something to say to convey that.
Vestu fregen, what if I have nothing intelligent to say? Then just right "Buddy, I feel your pain. May Hashem be with you" "My dear brother, I'm davening for you", or write what somebody else wrote in other words. Or even write "My brother, I hear you. our friend_______________just answered you. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing"
Vestu fregen, isn't hitting the thank you button enough? No. It is not. Yes, it lets the guy know you read his post and you put some thought to it, but he doesn't have an inkling of what's in your heart until you write it
My dearest brothers, even if you don't feel so comfortable, remember, this an anonymous forum. We don't have to give ideas, we don't have to have any answers. But we can still write something to let our brothers know that we are with them in their pain. And that's priceless

If I may ask that nobody respond to this post. If you feel the need to respond, find a thread that somebody wrote something about himself, and write something to that person. Every person we give chizuk to is him, his family, and who-knows-how-many-others that he effects. Maybe we could each take upon ourselves to write at least twice a week a few words of encouragement to a brother at GYE. And the world will become a better place
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2023 07:48 by eerie.

Re: Why don't more people post? 12 Feb 2023 15:25 #391964

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It seems that around 50 percent of ACTIVE users comment REGULARLY.

Re: Why don't more people post? 12 Feb 2023 15:56 #391965

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 12 Feb 2023 07:47:

If I may ask that nobody respond to this post. If you feel the need to respond, find a thread that somebody wrote something about himself, and write something to that person. Every person we give chizuk to is him, his family, and who-knows-how-many-others that he effects. Maybe we could each take upon ourselves to write at least twice a week a few words of encouragement to a brother at GYE. And the world will become a better place
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes