Welcome, Guest

An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg 208 Views

An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg 08 Dec 2022 19:49 #389169

• ytw
  • Current streak: 644 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone, I'm so happy to share with you that I BH past a third of the 90 day streak clean, and I'm so proud and happy of myself.

I wanted to share a cute little exercise that I heard from R' Noah Weinberg, on one of the topics in the 48 ways to wisdom, he mentioned an exercise and that is to "refrain from scratching your nose for the next 30 minutes", and I don't need to tell you that it is not an easy task to do, because when you think of what you're refraining from touching.... it itches you like crazy.

but I decided (and I encourage all of you) to try doing it, and as funny as it sounds I had the same emotional cycle like when I'm fighting an urge, (first having the thought of "who said I'll ever manage to refrain scratching for 30 minutes, it is almost impossible", then I just decided to take a minute at a time, then when I felt that it's becoming unbearable I started doing the "surf the urge" exercise...) and of course I don't have to tell you the amazing geshmakeh feeling after succeeding.

I'd like to encourage you all to try this exercise, because the feeling that we get after refraining and succeeding for 30 minutes is unimaginable, it makes me/you feel in control, when I had my next urge I was able to tell and to prove to myself that if I was able to refrain scratching the nose for 30 minutes I can refrain from my urge now as well.

happy celebrating with me, can't wait to celebrate my 90 days with you as well, and looking forward celebrating your successes as well.

p.s. let me know how the exercise went, and if it helped you...
YES! I AM A PROUD SPIRITUAL CANARY!!!
a must listen for each and every addict.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?v=181779
feel free to comment on this lecture here.

Watch the daily Vayemaen videos here.

Re: An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg 08 Dec 2022 21:06 #389172

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
ytw wrote on 08 Dec 2022 19:49:
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone, I'm so happy to share with you that I BH past a third of the 90 day streak clean, and I'm so proud and happy of myself.

I wanted to share a cute little exercise that I heard from R' Noah Weinberg, on one of the topics in the 48 ways to wisdom, he mentioned an exercise and that is to "refrain from scratching your nose for the next 30 minutes", and I don't need to tell you that it is not an easy task to do, because when you think of what you're refraining from touching.... it itches you like crazy.

but I decided (and I encourage all of you) to try doing it, and as funny as it sounds I had the same emotional cycle like when I'm fighting an urge, (first having the thought of "who said I'll ever manage to refrain scratching for 30 minutes, it is almost impossible", then I just decided to take a minute at a time, then when I felt that it's becoming unbearable I started doing the "surf the urge" exercise...) and of course I don't have to tell you the amazing geshmakeh feeling after succeeding.

I'd like to encourage you all to try this exercise, because the feeling that we get after refraining and succeeding for 30 minutes is unimaginable, it makes me/you feel in control, when I had my next urge I was able to tell and to prove to myself that if I was able to refrain scratching the nose for 30 minutes I can refrain from my urge now as well.

happy celebrating with me, can't wait to celebrate my 90 days with you as well, and looking forward celebrating your successes as well.

p.s. let me know how the exercise went, and if it helped you...

Wonderful idea. Yes im going to try to challenge myself. Love the self control challenge.
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.

Re: An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg 09 Dec 2022 09:48 #389198

• ilahcfm
  • Junior Boarder
Sounds interesting. Gonna try it. Thanks ytw
Feel free to message me at ILAHCFM@gmail.com

Re: An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg 11 Dec 2022 02:07 #389231

• ytw
  • Current streak: 644 days
  • Senior Boarder
Great, let me know how it goes/went.
YES! I AM A PROUD SPIRITUAL CANARY!!!
a must listen for each and every addict.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?v=181779
feel free to comment on this lecture here.

Watch the daily Vayemaen videos here.

Re: An Idea from R' Noach Weinberg 11 Dec 2022 02:59 #389238

• human being
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Well did it for 4 minutes. (that was mt goal. I didn't have time for more. But i will definitely try longer!)
I'm sick of the Un-scientific approach of today's medical and social environment. 
we will never heal and become a better society unless we realize that all people are addicts. Any thing we do that we aren't interested in is "addiction" and medicine doesn't fix addictions. 

Pain causes addiction and medicine cant fix pain. 

Unless we heal our pain, and become truama conscious so as not to cause others pain, we will never be living in a functioning human society.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes