Welcome, Guest

Demystifying fantasies
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Demystifying fantasies 231 Views

Demystifying fantasies 02 Nov 2022 20:43 #387174

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Everyone,
I have a question to anyone willing to answer.
I, like most of you, have struggled for years and years with everything you can think of. 
BH, I found the Torah to be my guiding light and Hashem guided me to GYE and since then, im not the same person anymore. I grew into a new better person, I've given up on everything i thought i can avoid that triggers me. 
However, i have a big problem and i cant get around it. 
I've become too sensitive! (almost) every women i see, i get a little flutter in my heart that is the beginning of my mind wanting more pleasure, i of course move away from it immediately. But sometimes it gets too much, and im afraid that im wearing myself down. What can i do to not be so sensitive? Funny thing is that until i was watching P or even plain movies, I wouldn't get excited by every women. I knew that reality is not rosy at all...... but now, even thought i keep telling myself that the majority of these women i would not be slightly attractive if i see them really, it only looks good from afar, but that didnt help yet..... Im looking for any specific tools that will help me getting to the realization that there is nothing there.

Re: Demystifying fantasies 02 Nov 2022 21:00 #387176

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
congratulations on being able to come to this point and for not becoming complacent...

the best way to avoid wearing yourself down is for you to work on celebrating your victories. If you feel good every time you say no, you will not wear down. If she is really attractive and it is a bigger struggle to avoid looking, then the celebration of overcoming the nisayon needs to be that much greater. If you focus on that, eventually you will feel more accomplished and confident. This is the perspective that is developed from reading a book like the battle of the generation every day. It takes time but it works.

hatzlocha,
vehkam
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Demystifying fantasies 03 Nov 2022 03:01 #387201

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have heard that idea on the F2F program. And I know am very bad in celebrating things….. I can’t think of good ideas. All the good ideas I have cost money and I’m stingy……
I will start reading the battle of the generation. 

thank you! 

Re: Demystifying fantasies 03 Nov 2022 03:36 #387205

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 03 Nov 2022 03:01:
I have heard that idea on the F2F program. And I know am very bad in celebrating things….. I can’t think of good ideas. All the good ideas I have cost money and I’m stingy……
I will start reading the battle of the generation. 

thank you!

Be creative!  Dancing at a wedding doesn’t cost and you can have in mind whatever you want to celebrate….
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes