Welcome, Guest

not all at once
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: not all at once 123 Views

not all at once 24 Aug 2022 01:59 #385096

• turning.point
  • Current streak: 192 days
  • Senior Boarder
I knew that the p was bad.  I stopped the p for a few months and then wondered why I still felt so horrible. It wasn't until I joined GYE that I realized that the problem is p&m, either or together.  So then I also stopped the m.  Now I'm here.  This is the first time that I'm doing both together, and I'm truly amazed at the results.

I have been struggling with this problem consciously for 15 years, sub-consciously for over 25.  This "streak" doesn't show any of that work.  In all this time, what works for me -- to keep climbing that hill even after so many failures -- is faith.  I've always believed that G-d has a plan and I put my trust in that plan.

All this time I have also been looking for answers.  I know that there are many opinions out there.  The answers are not always clear.  I will have to learn to forgive myself for holding on to the wrong answer for so long.  I will have to learn to forgive others for echoing the wrong answer, not sheltering me, neglecting my development into a mature adult.

I will have to learn to let go of the anger and resentment of wasted time.  I will have to learn to manage my anger without p or m.

What works for me has been reading a lot of books about anger management, self-discipline, and cognitive behavioral therapy.  I've read true stories, biographies and auto-biographies of people who have overcome roadblocks, surmounted obstacles and prevailed over challenging circumstances.  They have inspired me so that now as I work on this problem, I can do it with all of these tools and resources.

What works for me is understanding that the anger wasn't triggering the m.  It was the other way around.  The m was feeding the anger.

There is no merit in anger.

אין זכות בכעס.

Last Edit: 24 Aug 2022 02:00 by turning.point.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes