Welcome, Guest

Kosher Videogames
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kosher Videogames 564 Views

Kosher Videogames 08 Apr 2022 18:56 #379777

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
Does anyone know any kosher RPG/Racing Games?
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

My Thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378555-Here-we-go!
Last Edit: 08 Apr 2022 18:56 by bisyata dishmaya.

Re: Kosher Videogames 08 Apr 2022 21:19 #379783

In my experience there is always a slight intrinsic risk with video games because even in G rated games the character designs can be sexualized and it's hard to predict what will pop up. With that being said I just played through Pikmin 3 on the Nintendo, it was totally clean and very fun! 

Re: Kosher Videogames 08 Apr 2022 22:16 #379785

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Gold Boarder
Ok I was wondering if anyone knew from previous experience.
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

Re: Kosher Videogames 11 Apr 2022 01:38 #379820

• step1
  • Fresh Boarder
Arcade games like Pacman are good because they do not take you too far away from real life or have inappropriate content. These are often sold in collections for a variety of systems. I know this is a boring suggestion, but I'm only giving it as a very safe option -- there are definitely more modern kosher games out there, but I don't think I can give a list with complete certainty.
Last Edit: 11 Apr 2022 01:39 by step1.

Re: Kosher Videogames 20 May 2022 07:08 #380964

• TheNextStep
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
Ah, I played some great RPGs in my childhood, but looking back a lot of the outfits are not very tzniut... 

Thus this topic really interests me. As some have said, E rated Nintendo games perhaps. What do you play on, PC? Mobile? Super Nintendo? 

Re: Kosher Videogames 22 May 2022 04:06 #381013

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Gold Boarder
PC and Android. I have one decent RPG not fully kosher but pretty tznius if you modify it.

Re: Kosher Videogames 03 Aug 2022 21:13 #384333

I am not at all an expert on the subject of what would make a game kosher. Generally at this point in my life I avoid video games (still do board games when it fits the circumstances) as I don't want to be increasing my time with technology in that sort of way which can, for me, become compulsive on its own. That being said, everyone's path is unique. Its difficult for me to suggest because even in games that are very simple and not consciously trying to arouse urges, they can contain things like immodestly dressed characters-- and since I don't want to look up which levels to avoid so as to not possibly stumble upon these things myself its hard for me to make a recommendation even as someone who has played many games in my life. I can say that as a general rule, board games and card games are much easier to ensure the permissibility of than video games. This is to the credit of the medium of video games, as it shows their complexity and ingenuity that one cannot fully know what may be kosher about modern games in detail without playing them or analyzing them (or maybe a game hechsher in the future!) . Many modern board games are quite complex and engaging and have enjoyable mechanics, and still some of the popular ones have PC adaptations. These may be a great way to engage with friends from a distance while discussing kosher subjects! Just be wary that just because they are easier to ensure the permissibility of does not mean that they are ensured to be permissible of course. We have to choose where we feel we are able to engage in the world so I leave it up to you to navigate that. I know this did not directly answer your question but I hope I at least provided some insight and offered options.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2022 21:15 by wellmadecolors. Reason: addition

Re: Kosher Videogames 11 Aug 2022 04:40 #384603

• beitzah3
  • Junior Boarder
Not exactly an RPG, but I don’t think minecraft is so dangerous in this area (very pixelated non humanoid by design). Back in the day I did play on a server called wynncraft, which basically turns minecraft into an incredible rpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes