Welcome, Guest

Pick up the phone
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pick up the phone 241 Views

Pick up the phone 05 Jan 2021 01:14 #360540

Something that is helpful for me is talking. Talking about this struggle we are experiencing. This can be with a personal friend (if you're open about your struggle), an "official" partner through GYE, or even someone from this forum. 

Personally, I speak with a close family friend who has the same struggle, and a couple of partners (though we mostly text - I should pick up the phone more often). Today I spoke with a man from this website, who sent a kind reply to one of my forum posts, and it was very helpful to me. You never know the wisdom someone will have to share. Another guy shared contact info with me after a productive chat, and I hope we'll connect by phone soon. It makes you feel less alone, and you'll probably learn something. 

For me at least, the power of a human voice, and a realtime conversation, is a strong additive to the benefits of being active on the forum here.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes