Welcome, Guest

Chizuk---through Bitachon
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chizuk---through Bitachon 389 Views

Chizuk---through Bitachon 30 Jan 2020 13:23 #347036

• x102353
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I just want to share that I've been listening to the Bitachon hotline---A Life of Emunah---and I've gotten alot of chizzuk from it. It sort of seeps into your bones after listening to it for a while, and it makes you happier and more content over all. There's plenty of options and different parts to listen to so anyone can find something they enjoy. Here's teh numbers if anyone's interested: 079-704-0068(israel) 732-719-3898 (America).
Latsly, stay strong everyone, you're always moving forward!

Re: Chizuk---through Bitachon 30 Jan 2020 15:53 #347037

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
x102353 wrote on 30 Jan 2020 13:23:
I just want to share that I've been listening to the Bitachon hotline---A Life of Emunah---and I've gotten alot of chizzuk from it. It sort of seeps into your bones after listening to it for a while, and it makes you happier and more content over all. There's plenty of options and different parts to listen to so anyone can find something they enjoy. Here's teh numbers if anyone's interested: 079-704-0068(israel) 732-719-3898 (America).
Latsly, stay strong everyone, you're always moving forward!

Thanks for posting this info. I listen a lot to that hotline and it's great.
You can also speak to the hotline person, Reb Zev Golombeck for free chizzuk and advice. 

There is a pasuk in kapitel 28 in Tehhilim that I feel is a very important yesod. The pasuk says, "Hashem is my strength and my shield, in Him my heart trusted and I was helped."

What does that mean, "my heart trusted"? Obviously, there are different types of trust. One is intellectual, and the other (the higher level) is trusting with one's heart.

When dealing with strong desires, there is a famous phrase: "Let go and let G-d". I think that line is completely brilliant.
People find bitachon so, so very hard. It could be because they are missing the first part of that saying. They are trying to "let G-d" without "letting go". What that really means, is that their "bitachon" is really just a form of trying to be "in control". We must drop the control. Yes, drop it.
And then, let G-d take over.

The Brisker Rav was known to say all the time that Bitachon is the awareness that "ein od milvado - there is nothing besides Him". We must first acknowledge that there is nothing else. Nothing has any power without His consent.

We should try letting go of the need to control; the need to always feel that we are "stabilizing" every situation... and just let go; and then, let G-d..
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes