Welcome, Guest
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Parenthesis 14970 Views

Re: Parenthesis 27 Oct 2019 19:02 #344545

• higher
  • Current streak: 647 days
  • Gold Boarder
just for fun: 
does anyone here know how to make a poll?
heres the question:
throughout our history, mz''l by frum jews has been...
1.Rampant
2.Not Rampant 
3.dont know either way and will assume not rampant
4. dont know either way and will assume rampant
5.dont know either way and am not assuming anything.
this wont affect my opinion, im just curious and just for fun.
can someone set this up, please?
thanks.

Re: Parenthesis 28 Oct 2019 01:23 #344557

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
i was just informed by one of the higher ups that the polling option doesnt exist on the site anymore.
shame!

Re: Parenthesis 28 Oct 2019 03:57 #344567

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
sleepy wrote on 28 Oct 2019 03:39:
is he higher than higher?

Probably as higher is only higher than allthis... 

Re: Parenthesis 28 Oct 2019 05:00 #344571

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
who said only?
i wish i acted higher than all this though....
Last Edit: 28 Oct 2019 17:22 by higher.

Re: Parenthesis 30 Oct 2019 19:15 #344737

• higher
  • Gold Boarder
Trouble wrote on 30 Oct 2019 13:24:

sleepy wrote on 30 Oct 2019 13:10:

Trouble wrote on 10 Oct 2019 14:24:
so, I said the parenthesis in zakkah yesterday - several times. the first time, before yk actually started, I was a bit distracted and I skipped over it. heck, I never actually "did it." I mean, it was there for the taking, but for some reason I held back. I even told her about those damned parenthesis! she understood. but then once yk got rolling, and I had the opportunity to say it several more times, I actually said those words. I told God and myself that it really made little difference. yes, the frummies and the midrash quoters will spew that stuff about actual cohabitation with an idolatress, a gentile woman! and even one who is not your actual partner. I am actually reminded now that she was in fact Jewish, a bas mitzvah, and all. got called to the Torah, wow! but I reasoned that this justification crap was going too far. you think my wife would go for the technicality that there wasn't penetration!? bottom line, I was too close for comfort, I mean it was comfortable and more, but it's not a position I wanna be found in. I certainly don't wanna be caught that way, but besides that, I'd rather not even entertain that possibility, although I actually found those thoughts slipping in several times throughout the day. am I being clear? I hope so.

I'd like to make a second half post to this and that will be about the zakkah in general. why all the women, Keri, etc. talk? but I'm running outta time now. sorry for the non-capitalization. my notes app doesn't do that for some reason.

hi trouble, whats going to be? how are we going to get you out of this mess on trips with other women? do you have a plan?

Thank you. I appreciate the question and the concern. I like clarity and organization, so can I ask you please to ask this question in the Patty Smyth warrior thread. This perhaps will help others there as well (I am beyond hope), especially because there were fellows who closed down this thread. Thank you

it must be very painful to think and feel that one is beyond hope.
i feel for you.
could be you mean something else and im not getting it but when you say your beyond hope-do you mean your worse then r' elazar ben dordaya?
(he didnt even make it to say the parenthesis btw)
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2019 19:15 by higher.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes