Welcome, Guest

100 days success
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 100 days success 1315 Views

100 days success 09 Nov 2018 01:33 #337106

• kavod
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Junior Boarder
It's been a while since I reached the 100 days. I need to reach them again, so I will write here what worked for me. Not only for everybody, but as a reminder.

I remember that first, it was not me, always was Hashem.
Then, it was 100 days in one of the most summer touristic cities Europe, with women honestly wearing almost no clothing in a big populated city.
Spring, summer.

I do not even know how could I resist it. Now it lookes like imposible. Back then though I remember I was all year trying, so before the 100, I reached 60 days and fell.

So here are the rules that accompanied me all that summer.

1. Reach 90 days was priority number 1. And became the only. Now in retrospective, I can not do this anymore. I need to quit while keeping a life. In a sense that is why it did not lasted more. The moment duties of life came in, stress came in.
Long term recovery means do it along with building a new lifestyle and goals.

2. Guard eyes. I heard in a shiur that yatzer hara powers goes throw the eyes. If you guard your eyes it has no power. I attest that it looks like true.
I stopped any music, TV show or magazine consumption. In the street I almost looked at the floor all the time. Since women were there all the time.
If I looked, then I followed the rule that if you avert your sight in 3 seconds, good. Than you must ask forgiveness. The same rabbi said that in a few (2-3 maybe) days the power of the yetzer hara , stops. So I just had to know that if I looked I may need to bring a fight, for that occasion. I expected it made it less surprising, and after the fight, it dissipated.

3. Every day pray. Every day. I prayed Tehillim. I guess pray with kavanna the normal prayers may be good too.

4. I dedicated hours straight of Torah study / work. The deeper the better. Minimum 2 hours.

5. I wrote on forums. On Gye. Very helpful. very very.

6. I discussed Torah, in my case I published Torah related content. Maybe since I was cleaner, I was more receptive and insightful.

7. Donate money to GYE.

For the long term. (Thins I did not do, but know now are necessary)

Build a life while you recover. Both are priority.

Expect social sensitivity that arise by harnessing your brain resources, so deal with it calmly. This social sensitivity is the one you were lacking, and gives you the ability to build relations. Without it, you may not suffer, but you are blind, insensitive. What is pain? Signals to lead you to the correct path. You scape the pain, your signals disappear, your path is nowhere's path.
So adapt to your new social perceptions.

If you fall after 100 days, do not make it day 0. Simply make it for what it is. You are recovered, and this fall hardly has the power to make you addict.
It is how you react to the fall, that may lead you to day 0, not the fall itself.
So keep the same goals, same habits if you were to fall once. Do not deviate and treat it as a bump in the road, not as a hole.

You may be tempted to stop praying, start enjoying more TV, go back non kosher music, or stop any of the previous things you did to recover.

Don't. Keep them. All of them. Yes. This is your new lifestyle. If you go back to previous lifestyle, you go back to previous habits.

B'H we all grow and merit to live the Mashiach times and a wonderful life in the world to come.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes