Welcome, Guest

Kumzitz in the Holy Land
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 39458 Views

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 09:10 #35985

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo,
so this month at your place?
where do you live again? :D
Last Edit: by bigtzadik.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 09:19 #35989

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are all invited to my place if you really feel like shlepping out there. 

If you really forgot where I live, I can PM it to you (please don't discuss it on the forum).
Last Edit: by menuchashanefesh9.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 09:34 #35992

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
end of discussion.
have a great day and a great week!!
Last Edit: by guardingmyeyesisgood.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 12:14 #36008

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
sturggle wrote on 19 Dec 2009 23:50:

I did not see this thread until tonight.
I'm really happy I was zoche to be there.
Thanks for thinking of me and keeping me in the loop.

So..., where is the recording?
Did I give my permission?
You are the loop Dude'ster ???

And yeah it is important for us to get your permission cuz i think the onlt voices that can be heard are mine uris and yours. LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by amakarenko.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 12:20 #36009

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
I would like to take this oppurtunity to publicy thank all those who came to the Kumzitz. It was really nice and couldnt of been done without all of you. Maybe in the future well get some more members ??? :-\ So thanks go out to my Holy Brothers; Momo, sturggle, Uri, Levite, eye.nonymous, ilovehashem.

I would like to also thank our Holy Guard for calling in and sharing such beautiful insights with us. ( see what all you guys are missing out on?? We got guard to actually call in!! ) It was definitly the highlight of the night to get to speak to such a Holy person. THANK YOU GUARD!!

I would like to express my thanks to our Holy Mom/7up as well. This was definitly the other highlight of the night. Getting to toast on a shot of 7up was really a new and interesting expierence. THANK YOU MOM.

I think it meant so much to all of us to really get to talk to and hear from those who guide us here on GYE daily.
Last Edit: by yitzchokm.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 12:23 #36010

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 20 Dec 2009 12:20:

I would like to take this oppurtunity to publicy thank all those who came to the Kumzitz. It was really nice and couldnt of been done without all of you. Maybe in the future well get some more members ??? :-\ So thanks go out to my Holy Brothers; Momo, sturggle, Uri, Levite, eye.nonymous, ilovehashem.

I would like to also thank our Holy Guard for calling in and sharing such beautiful insights with us. ( see what all you guys are missing out on?? We got guard to actually call in!! ) It was definitly the highlight of the night to get to speak to such a Holy person. THANK YOU GUARD!!

I would like to express my thanks to our Holy Mom/7up as well. This was definitly the other highlight of the night. Getting to toast on a shot of 7up was really a new and interesting expierence. THANK YOU MOM.

I think it meant so much to all of us to really get to talk to and hear from those who guide us here on GYE daily.

AMEN!! Reb Guard's and 7Up's calls were the highlight of the evening for me too. A close second was being bear-hugged by Uri as soon as I walked through the door.  :D
Last Edit: by heiligeyid14.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 13:52 #36058

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Autographs $10 each.
Maaser to GYE of course!
:D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by whywatch.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 13:58 #36060

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The highlight of the night for me was when Imtrying picked up the phone and said "who?? Guard??" "no way!" ... "Hey everyone, Guard called in!" and Uri starts playing his guitar with triple the gusto and singing "Guard is the man, Guard is the man!"...

I always knew I was a man, but this time it really hit home!! Thank you Uri!!  ;D ;D

And of-course, a big thanks to Imtrying for having the GUTS to do this (and for emptying his pockets)... Anyone who wants to donate to Imtrying for the kumzitz, or for future kumzitzim, should send the money to GYE and specify that it's for him. When I spend it, I will have him in mind.

Just kidding, I'll try and find a way to get it to him.

Seriously.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by meirz.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 20 Dec 2009 17:08 #36101

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
And of-course, a big thanks to Imtrying for having the GUTS to do this (and for emptying his pockets)...
Thers emptying pockets and theres making holes in them. ;D ;D ;D
But thanks to all those who were mishtatef. It definitly made it easier.
Last Edit: by aw2615.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 12:43 #36337

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
Guys, I saw the invitation when I got into work on Sunday, which was slightly too late. I appreciate being told about it, and I am happy that it was so successful.
I think that I would have no problem meeting all of you face to face and I am sure that it would be a pleasure. I am B'H a very proud member of my special family and I have come to love and respect every one tremendously.
However, I have one consideration. One of the things that the forum and everything else at GYE has given me because of the anonymity is the opportunity to really discuss my feelings without any inhibitions whatsoever. This is great for getting to understand myself, and to a large extent in being able to communicating with everyone honestly.
I think that if I was to get to know everyone personally I would lose this benefit. I am sure that at least subconsciously I would begin to watch what I say.
Please let me know whether I am correct. Thank you.
Last Edit: by TheUnstoppable.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 12:45 #36338

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe its a personal thing, but I've been very honest and open when posting, and I don't feel any differently after meeting some of the guys.
In fact, it's been easier to post to the guys since I've met them. It's more personal now, and I feel closer to them.
Last Edit: by mosheg41.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 13:18 #36342

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 21 Dec 2009 12:45:

Maybe its a personal thing, but I've been very honest and open when posting, and I don't feel any differently after meeting some of the guys.
In fact, it's been easier to post to the guys since I've met them. It's more personal now, and I feel closer to them.
Ditto. Ditto.

We have to understand that were all in this boat together. We sare lust addicts. And getting to see real people and realizing that there are others out there just like you can definitly be a chizuk. We are all trying to help eachohter while were trying to get past this.

Also getting to know people actually allows you to speak to them in person or on the phone which is a huge help, if you ask me. I can understand someone being nervous, but he has to realize the tremendous gain there is to have. It feels so good to let yourself out to REAL PEOPLE who understand your feelings.
Last Edit: by shmiratidan.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 14:24 #36367

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
I am not sure. I think like this. B"h I am still clean since I started the 90 days three weeks ago. I dread the day that I might fall, but if I do c"v then I will be able to speak about it with everyone. Now if I know everyone personally, I am sure that it is going to be much harder to be open about it. Maybe the first time c"v I will still be ok with it, but if c"v it happens again I am sure that at some point I will begin to be embarrased, and then.....
Last Edit: by mendysosspouse.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 14:39 #36374

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think that everyone needs to know themselves...but there's a feeling of freedom when you can finally open up and tell people - and with the people here, as IT25 said, you know we'll understand, and not judge you - and support you, and appreciate all your effort.
Last Edit: by mattis1975.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 14:59 #36380

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
ovadia wrote on 21 Dec 2009 12:43:

However, I have one consideration. One of the things that the forum and everything else at GYE has given me because of the anonymity is the opportunity to really discuss my feelings without any inhibitions whatsoever. This is great for getting to understand myself, and to a large extent in being able to communicating with everyone honestly.
I think that if I was to get to know everyone personally I would lose this benefit. I am sure that at least subconsciously I would begin to watch what I say.
Please let me know whether I am correct. Thank you.

ADARABA.  I feel more connected now that I've met some people here for real.  I feel even more of a responsibility to be involved, and to be honest with them.

Last Edit: by yankyddls.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes