Welcome, Guest

Kumzitz in the Holy Land
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 39451 Views

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:28 #40472

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:24:

Momo wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:23:

guardureyes wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:09:

I just shmoozed with him a few days ago about the Kumzitz... and he pointed out one thing that I think is important. A lot of the power of this forum is the anonymity, where people are not afraid to post about their struggles. Once everyone gets to meet "Momo" and "Eye.nonymous" (for example), it might be harder for them to be fully honest on the forum. So he suggested, and I told him that I would suggest it to you guys too, that from now on, when a new Israeli wants to join the Kumzitz, he should be in direct touch with "IMtrying" or me, and he should identify himself ONLY to him (or me) so that we know he is sincere and genuine. But when he comes to the party, he should NOT say who he is on the forum... If he wants, he can say his first name, but NOT his forum nickname.

Do you guys agree?

I don't know about this idea.

First, it puts us (who have already "revealed" ourselves) at a real disadvantage (which I'll further explain below).

Second, when I know someone's nickname, I am more interested in reading his posts and posting more chizuk on this thread. I find it easier to give chizuk to someone who I've met in person.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I read up about the people  who are coming, by reading their threads, before the meeting to ensure that we've probably haven't crossed paths in the past. I don't know if it's fair for us to go in "blind".

Maybe we should ask everyone who's attended the kumsizim: Have you had a harder time posting after meeting everyone else? I haven't.

Great points, Momo! I think that's another reason Reb Shlachter should come, so you guys can work it out with HIM (after all, he suggested it  )

Interesting you mention this. He actually asked me what I thought about this idea when I last saw him (after your talk with him), and I told him I didn't like it.

Well, I want to make sure you don't impose new rules for new guys coming BEFORE we discuss it at the next kumsitz with Rav S.
Last Edit: by OY24.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:31 #40474

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good point - if we have something in america, perhaps we should follow the same rules? In a way, I'd want to be as open as possible, but I agree that I might have trouble being as open afterward. And even if I didn't, other people might.

I'll follow whatever decision you make...
Last Edit: by vibrantcheetah43.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:32 #40475

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it might work if it's done from the very beginning, like at the U.S. kumsitzim.
But in the Holy Land, we've already had 2 so I don't know how fair that is.
Last Edit: by hopefulviper12.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 15:27 #40496

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Gosh, I thought one of the best parts of these gatherings is to allow people to meet their friends from the forum.  As for anonymity, no real names are being used.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by yo be.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 16:13 #40517

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok i see i missed out alot of discussion. To be honest ii can hear up what R Shlachter is saying. As for you momo, theres no disadvantage. Why? Because you dont have to reveal to the new person who are either.

But i do want to say this. I think im talking for everyone who has attended so far. So feel free to disagree if you feel different. I think that allowing ourselves to open up to eachother, actually made things alot easier. As for ex. now when i give chizuk to someone like eye.nonymous or momo, i feel like im talking to a real person. I also feel that they feel that the chizuk is much more genuine. we feel that its coming from someone who really knows us, cares for us, and only wants the best for us. Although this may seem weird, i think those of us who have expierenced this know exactly what im talking about. we also feel so much more comfortable sitting with eachother knowing and keeping up to date with eachothers progress. I dont think it would of had the positive affect that it did, if i wouldnt of been able to be perfectly honest with everyone there. Even leeting the olam know my real name made me feel so much more at ease.

Anyways my two cents. Ive went through it and this is my feelings on the subject.
Last Edit: by wondrousgiraffe92.

Re: kumzitz in the holy land 01 Jan 2010 00:19 #40787

• loi-misyaeish
I fully agree with momo and it25. Although i haven't been writing much lately about myself, although i should. I'm too busy reading other people's posts and that's already enough to keep me afloat. Tonight i felt like i really wanted to act out, but i got so busy on the forum, that i don't feel like doing  it so much anymore. Maybe i'll write soon a bit on my thread about it. But back to the point, meeting together has formed so much more of a kesher with the oilom and even feel freer to pm my day to day struggles or anything else to them. You feel like you're talking more to real people. But r' shlachter did raise a good point. I think kolel guy would be there! if we didn't know who he was, and other people could be also intimidated to come because of it.
Last Edit: by Yalla45.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 01 Jan 2010 02:47 #40853

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But r' shlachter did raise a good point. I think kolel guy would be there! if we didn't know who he was, and other people could be also intimidated to come because of it.
I don't think I followed you on this point.
Last Edit: by Bettermyself.

Re: kumzitz to the holy land 01 Jan 2010 07:27 #40914

• loi-misyaeish
Well i was basing myself on what you wrote in the poll of blowing the cover.
Last Edit: by blissfulkoala83.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 06:37 #41192

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I'd like to apologize, even though it's not my fault.

I am listening to the second kumsitz. It's great, except for the drumming, which is me. Oh, I think the drumming itself was fine, but it somehow came out like cr** on the tape. Very loud and tinny sounding. Basically, the drumming ruins the MP3 file and makes it inaudible.

Sorry guys.  > :-[ :'(

IT25, either we have to work on the recording placement, or I'll leave my drum at home next time.
Last Edit: by itswhoiam.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 08:01 #41204

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Screw that!! Where's the link??!?!!  ??? ??? ???
Last Edit: by radiantkoala62.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 08:02 #41205

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Ano Nymous wrote on 03 Jan 2010 08:01:

Screw that!! Where's the link??!?!!  ??? ??? ???

I got a private email with the link. I'll let IT25 to decide when to publicize it, if ever. (insert evil laugh here...)
Last Edit: by radiantowl22.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 08:05 #41206

• jerusalemsexaddict
I disagree momo.
I think u sound great.
It has a nice jam feel.
U da man!
Last Edit: by merryhawk66.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 08:07 #41207

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Uri wrote on 03 Jan 2010 08:05:

I disagree momo.
I think u sound great.
It has a nice jam feel.
U da man!

I may have sounded OK live, but it came out ruining the recording.
CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Last Edit: by renewedkoala65.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 08:16 #41209

• TrYiNg
lol momo!
We know these recordings aren't proffesional..
WE JST WANNA HEAR IT!!
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Last Edit: by nwd1580.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 03 Jan 2010 08:17 #41210

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
TrYiNg wrote on 03 Jan 2010 08:16:

lol momo!
We know these recordings aren't proffesional..
WE JST WANNA HEAR IT!!
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Honestly, trying, I don't know what's so funny.

It's up to IT25 to send it to Guard, not me.
Last Edit: by Katriel77.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes