Welcome, Guest

Kumzitz in the Holy Land
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 39447 Views

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 00:37 #39772

• theOne
  • Platinum Boarder
wow. im listening to the kumsitz. its so..... moving!!! be happy u can join it...
Last Edit: by resilienthippo62.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 06:17 #39847

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First, IT25, when's that second MP3 coming out? So many people are anxiously waiting for it. 

Guest for our next Kumsits in the Holy Land?
During my meeting with Rav S last night, I asked him if he would come to our next kumsits if we invited him (he heard all about it and thinks it's a great idea that leads to real relationships and living). He agreed.

But, before I officially invite him, I'd like to ask you guys permission if you would like him to come next time. I think it would be good for the olam to meet him, and hear about his approach (the "living" approach instead of focusing on "not acting out").

So, let me know if you're OK with this. If you don't want him to come, let me know here, or maybe more appropriately, in a PM to me.

This is obviously geared to the men in Israel who has attended the previous kumsitsim or who are planning on attending them in the future.
Last Edit: by hopefulkangaroo40.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 11:18 #39886

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 30 Dec 2009 06:17:

First, IT25, when's that second MP3 coming out? So many people are anxiously waiting for it. 

During my meeting with Rav S last night, I asked him if he would come to our next kumsits if we invited him (he heard all about it and thinks it's a great idea that leads to real relationships and living). He agreed.

But, before I officially invite him, I'd like to ask you guys permission if you would like him to come next time. I think it would be good for the olam to meet him, and hear about his approach (the "living" approach instead of focusing on "not acting out").

So, let me know if you're OK with this. If you don't want him to come, let me know here, or maybe more appropriately, in a PM to me.

This is obviously geared to the men in Israel who has attended the previous kumsitsim or who are planning on attending them in the future.
Great idea Momo. Im all for it. But; First and foremost we need the green light from Guard. Hes the boss, and i dont do anything connected to gye with out his haskama.

And the next kumzitz will be aired as soon as i get my ipod back from Uri. :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by Shiz.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 11:50 #39905

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 11:18:

Momo wrote on 30 Dec 2009 06:17:

Great idea Momo. Im all for it. But; First and foremost we need the green light from Guard. Hes the boss, and i dont do anything connected to gye with out his haskama.

And the next kumzitz will be aired as soon as i get my ipod back from Uri. :D :D :D :D :D

I don't think Guard will have a problem b/c he and Rav S are on the same page. As far as I understand, their approaches are not that different, but I'll let Guard speak for himself.
Last Edit: by wondrousbutterfly77.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 11:53 #39906

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
My point isnt so much about the apprach, just that we should get permission first. And in sure hell give it but i just want his haskama. Btw did i tell you that i thought its a great idea?? Thanks and honestly i cant wait to meet him!
Last Edit: by upbeatowl04.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 14:10 #39975

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow...Momo, just when I think that you're so awesome that you couldn't possibly rock any more - you show me that I'm wrong! :D :D

Thanks for helping me with my anivus!!
Last Edit: by progressivehawk93.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 14:15 #39979

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 30 Dec 2009 14:10:

Wow...Momo, just when I think that you're so awesome that you couldn't possibly rock any more - you show me that I'm wrong! :D :D

Thanks for helping me with my anivus!!

LOL!

Still waiting for Guard's "permission", and whether anyone objects.

We've heard from Battleworn, now I think it would be cool to hear from Rav S in person.
We believe in diversity, right?
Last Edit: by Nigguner.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 20:56 #40206

• jerusalemsexaddict
Sure.Just let Rav Shlachter know that we don't approve of bashing other people's approaches (though im not sure that rule was kept to last kumzits),and that he shouldn't say anything bad about the 90 days.
Last Edit: by cheerfulwolf94.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 30 Dec 2009 20:59 #40209

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Uri wrote on 30 Dec 2009 20:56:

Sure.Just let Rav Shlachter know that we don't approve of bashing other people's approaches (though im not sure that rule was kept to last kumzits),and that he shouldn't say anything bad about the 90 days.
Trust me i will!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by faigy123.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:09 #40461

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I'd be delighted if Reb Shlachter would agree to join you GYES!  

I just shmoozed with him a few days ago about the Kumzitz... and he pointed out one thing that I think is important. A lot of the power of this forum is the anonymity, where people are not afraid to post about their struggles. Once everyone gets to meet "Momo" and "Eye.nonymous" (for example), it might be harder for them to be fully honest on the forum. So he suggested, and I told him that I would suggest it to you guys too, that from now on, when a new Israeli wants to join the Kumzitz, he should be in direct touch with "IMtrying" or me, and he should identify himself ONLY to him (or me) so that we know he is sincere and genuine. But when he comes to the party, he should NOT say who he is on the forum... If he wants, he can say his first name, but NOT his forum nickname.

Do you guys agree?

And by the way, Uri, me and Reb Shlachter are a lot more on the same page than you think. In our shmooze a few days ago, he agreed 100% that no one should bash other approaches, and that there are many levels of addiction, and that the 90 days is a great idea - as long as it is not the goal in itself... *Sigh* I knew explaining it yet again over here would be pointless. (In one ear and out the other)...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 31 Dec 2009 14:11 by renewedpenguin07.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:18 #40463

• battleworn

Uri, you desrerve a good punch. Noone bashed anything!
Last Edit: by gleefulowl72.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:22 #40466

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rav Battleworn, I think Uri means by the first kumzitz...
Last Edit: by resilientlemur88.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:23 #40467

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:09:

I just shmoozed with him a few days ago about the Kumzitz... and he pointed out one thing that I think is important. A lot of the power of this forum is the anonymity, where people are not afraid to post about their struggles. Once everyone gets to meet "Momo" and "Eye.nonymous" (for example), it might be harder for them to be fully honest on the forum. So he suggested, and I told him that I would suggest it to you guys too, that from now on, when a new Israeli wants to join the Kumzitz, he should be in direct touch with "IMtrying" or me, and he should identify himself ONLY to him (or me) so that we know he is sincere and genuine. But when he comes to the party, he should NOT say who he is on the forum... If he wants, he can say his first name, but NOT his forum nickname.

Do you guys agree?

I don't know about this idea.

First, it puts us (who have already "revealed" ourselves) at a real disadvantage (which I'll further explain below).

Second, when I know someone's nickname, I am more interested in reading his posts and posting more chizuk on this thread. I find it easier to give chizuk to someone who I've met in person.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I read up about the people  who are coming, by reading their threads, before the meeting to ensure that we've probably haven't crossed paths in the past. I don't know if it's fair for us to go in "blind".

Maybe we should ask everyone who's attended the kumsizim: Have you had a harder time posting after meeting everyone else? I haven't.
Last Edit: by blissfulkangaroo53.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:24 #40468

• the.guard
Momo wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:23:

guardureyes wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:09:

Do you guys agree?

I don't know about this idea.

First, it puts us (who have already "revealed" ourselves) at a real disadvantage (which I'll further explain below).

Second, when I know someone's nickname, I am more interested in reading his posts and posting more chizuk on this thread. I find it easier to give chizuk to someone who I've met in person.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I read up about the people  who are coming, by reading their threads, before the meeting to ensure that we've probably haven't crossed paths in the past. I don't know if it's fair for us to go in "blind".

Maybe we should ask everyone who's attended the kumsizim: Have you had a harder time posting after meeting everyone else? I haven't.

Great points, Momo! I think that's another reason Reb Shlachter should come, so you guys can work it out with HIM (after all, he suggested it  )
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by energeticfox84.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 31 Dec 2009 14:26 #40471

• the.guard
battleworn wrote on 31 Dec 2009 14:18:

Uri, you desrerve a good punch. Noone bashed anything!

Battleworn, Uri was making fun of me, because I deleted some posts of his in the past and warned him not to bash the 90-day approach (which he seems to feel Reb Shlachter strongly disagrees with)... So he keeps jabbing me about that  ... He wasn't referring to you at all.
Last Edit: by 123145.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes