Welcome, Guest

Kumzitz in the Holy Land
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 39456 Views

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 11:14 #36731

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 22 Dec 2009 10:56:

But I think we've all fallen.
Yes, you'll probably feel depressed after a fall, but we can help cheer you on and tell you that your clean days were worth gold and not meaningless.
If you make a connection with us before you fall (C"V), you'd be bringing the refuah  (cure) before the makka (fall).
I couldnt be more maskim to you momo. But at the same time i think we just have to let everyone move at their own pace. If someone doesnt feel comfortable , then so be it. But were always here with open arms.
Last Edit: by tiger9.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 11:16 #36734

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
TrYiNg wrote on 22 Dec 2009 07:29:

Momo wrote on 22 Dec 2009 07:22:

letakain21 wrote on 21 Dec 2009 16:00:

nu? so do we get to hear the recording?

Sorry, but I asked IT25 to let me first hear it and make sure it didn't record me saying anything private before I give my OK. Although, I'm 99.5% sure I'll OK it.

So IT? C'mon. Get the ball rolling......
A call out from my sista?? Now that will make things happen. Yeah get moving it25. I will try to take care of it today. I was actually plannning on doing it yesterday before my day turned shver. Oh well.
Last Edit: by hellothere73482.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 12:00 #36769

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Trying for Trying to understand, even if you are not Maskim. Maybe by the time the next kumsitz is held I will feel differently.
One more question and I hate being a nudge, but do you guys feel that the "exposure" has/is helping you in the struggle ?
Last Edit: by km100100km.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 12:17 #36771

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
One more question and I hate being a nudge, but do you guys feel that the "exposure" has/is helping you in the struggle ?

Ovadia, read again what Elya wrote above. It's beautiful and deep.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by newshmez613.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 12:22 #36774

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
It seems to me that, ideally, support groups ought to be face-to-face.

But the virtual internet support group has a major advantage--convenience!

You can check in and post whenever you want, but if you can't make it to a live meeting (or the 4am Israel time (IT) phone conference) then you just won't participate.

Last Edit: by gyefresh.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 12:42 #36797

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
ovadia wrote on 22 Dec 2009 12:00:

Thanks Trying for Trying to understand, even if you are not Maskim. Maybe by the time the next kumsitz is held I will feel differently.
Ive answered this question so many time, so im just gonna say....YES!!!!!! ( No offense bro )
Last Edit: by btc1613.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 13:11 #36817

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Ovadia - I haven't met anyone in the group, and yeah, I'd be nervous about doing so. But I do have one friend (as well as my rebbe) who I can talk to about what I've done in the past, and that ability to open up and make this less of a secret, in real life, definitely helps.

Drag the darkness into the light!
Last Edit: by binafisher12.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 15:02 #36869

• loi-misyaeish
Hello there guys! I've been wanting to join the forum months ago,but had no idea how to do it from my cellphone and i just had to be a bystander. With the help of it25 i'm in. I've been previously known as ilovehashem, if anyone noticed that in the emails! B"h i had the privilege to be at the first gye meeting. Although i came very late and didn't get to meet momo and levite, but i got to meet the rest and BETTER LATE THAN EVER! I'm so happy that i'm in, and looking forward to be on gye's adventures. Not to forget 'AL-TISYAEISH' guys!!!
Last Edit: by abraham718.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 15:16 #36875

• loi-misyaeish
Forgot to mention. Anovim anovim's also my favorite song. Anyone who ever got to call me, had to hear that first! KEEP SMILING GYE'S!!
Last Edit: by maxband.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 15:23 #36878

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Welcome to the forum, lm, and I hope you'll tell us about your therapy with Reb Shlachter as well...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by 84510952silver.

RE:Kumzitz in the holy land 22 Dec 2009 20:58 #36970

• loi-misyaeish
Well you can check my new thread 'aleh katan'.
Last Edit: by galaxys23ultra.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 23 Dec 2009 20:57 #37375

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok everyone we have an announcment to make. We are planning a goodbye party for Uri. Uri, whos Uri?? Whaddaya mean you dont know who Uri is?? Well come to the party and youll find out. Were planning it to be some time next week. So if your in israel and if you feel Uri has made a difference in your life, why dont you come and show your appreciation. And even for those that didnt get to know uri too much your invited too. Oh and Guard and Mom you guys are invited as well.

Hoping to see you all there. For more info just pm me.
Last Edit: by moshespira.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 23 Dec 2009 21:00 #37376

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!

:'(

Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by magicjewboy218.

RE:kumzitz in the holy land 23 Dec 2009 21:05 #37379

• loi-misyaeish
Goodbye for what?!