Welcome, Guest

Kumzitz in the Holy Land
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 39675 Views

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 18:38 #36463

• Kollel Guy
Kedusha wrote on 21 Dec 2009 18:34:

habib613 wrote on 21 Dec 2009 18:29:

i only have the problem on the work xp.
at home, vista works fine.
didn't know everyone had this prob

That sounds like Vista is not the problem.

A workaround is that, when your post gets long, cut and paste it to a document (Word, WordPerfect, etc.).  Then type the rest of your post.  Finally, copy and paste the earlier text from the document to your post.

There's gotta be a better way to do it. Word option is annoying. I only do it for REALLY long posts.
Last Edit: by avirooney.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 18:40 #36466

• TrYiNg
I use vista too..
Always gotta work with word when it gets too long..Then all the quotes an stuff get messed up...U gotta do it manually  :
Last Edit: by guarded123.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 18:44 #36467

• Kollel Guy
Bidieved, you can deal with it for a few lines. If you want to see the line your typing - just hold down the right direction button.
Last Edit: by jem1234.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 19:58 #36492

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, I'm using XP and I also have this problem.

I can keep on typing, but it's a real pain to see it or edit it at all.
Last Edit: by markys.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 21:09 #36528

• jerusalemsexaddict
This is a very deep and thoughtful conversation and I have alot to say about it,but let me detract for a second to what elya posted
Elya wrote on 21 Dec 2009 18:09:

About 70 years ago a doctor and a drunk went to the famous Carl Jung and asked him what would it take
to take away the guilt and shame, the stigma and the hopelessness from drinking too much alcohol, raging
and then feeling bad about it later.

Carl Jung answered "let people get together in a group and tell their stories and when they are finished
telling their stories, do not criticize or give advice - just accept that person for who they are."

We are all in this together.  The proven way to get better and heal is to literally speak the shame and
guilt out of your mouth and out of your body, similar to what we do on Yom Kippur at Viduy time.  It
is difficult to admit your faults and falls in public AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHY WE MUST DO IT. We
co-dependent, addictive, compulsive, lonely souls must learn to fill up the gaping holes in our souls
with honesty instead of with acting out in our dis-ease.

What we hold in our bodies and our minds grows more powerful, like le'havdil a cancer, chas v'sholom,
and the more power we give it and let it grow the more it affects us negatively..  Rigorous honesty is
the key. 

The power of the group concept cannot be overstated.  Isolation and loneliness are our worst enemies

and our addiction's most treasured friend.  And he reminds us constantly that our isolation will shield us
from having to be honest with ourselves and others.  and this is the power  our addiction has over us, until
we kill the obsession by talking about it.... about our feelings... about our loneliness.... and yes, about the
details of our acting out.  Not in vague generalities like , " I did that m word thing"  but actually saying it
and getting it out.  Not necessarily here on the forum, but also in person.

Not that you need my haskama rabbi,but this is absolutely brilliant.
I've made this mistake myself quite a few times.
"do not criticize or give advice - just accept that person for who they are."
sometimes a person does not need advice.it can even be detrimental.just hear the person out and nod and empathize and show u feel his pain and struggle.
we're all in this together.all of us here are sex addicts.no one is better than anyone else.
and this is our strength.
Thank you Elya.

Just one person's humble opinion...
Last Edit: by rchl23.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 21:21 #36534

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the beautiful post Uri. please stay around longer. :'( :'(
Last Edit: by torah66672.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 21 Dec 2009 21:48 #36541

• Kollel Guy
Like the new icon IT
Last Edit: by sholombookbinder.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 04:39 #36635

• TrYiNg
This is a very deep and thoughtful conversation and I have alot to say about it,but let me detract for a second to what elya posted

stick around uri...I forgot how funny u r

but this is a very imp conversation, I want to know if anyone has any tips/ideas...
Last Edit: by group.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 07:22 #36696

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
letakain21 wrote on 21 Dec 2009 16:00:

nu? so do we get to hear the recording?

Sorry, but I asked IT25 to let me first hear it and make sure it didn't record me saying anything private before I give my OK. Although, I'm 99.5% sure I'll OK it.
Last Edit: by twohorsedefense.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 07:25 #36697

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
ovadia wrote on 21 Dec 2009 14:24:

I am not sure. I think like this. B"h I am still clean since I started the 90 days three weeks ago. I dread the day that I might fall, but if I do c"v then I will be able to speak about it with everyone. Now if I know everyone personally, I am sure that it is going to be much harder to be open about it. Maybe the first time c"v I will still be ok with it, but if c"v it happens again I am sure that at some point I will begin to be embarrased, and then.....

Rav Ovadia,
I don't really understand your logic. We've all fallen over and over, so no reason to feel embarrassed. What's inspiring is that we are all still trying, and keep on trucking, believing that the day will come when we've finally arrived.
Then again, I can't tell you how to feel or not feel.
Last Edit: by yoyoyo12.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 07:29 #36701

• TrYiNg
Momo wrote on 22 Dec 2009 07:22:

letakain21 wrote on 21 Dec 2009 16:00:

nu? so do we get to hear the recording?

Sorry, but I asked IT25 to let me first hear it and make sure it didn't record me saying anything private before I give my OK. Although, I'm 99.5% sure I'll OK it.

So IT? C'mon. Get the ball rolling......
Last Edit: by mottylove.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 07:30 #36702

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I think he has to convert the files to MP3 or Judaism, or something like that.
:o :D :
Last Edit: by gyeuser12.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 09:58 #36710

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
Guys thanks for listening but I think that I was misunderstood. I would love to meet everyone and I am not embarrased to do so. But I am very new to all this and have not experienced any falls yet B"H. I think that I have expressed before my fear of falling c"v. This is because I feel that if I break my "record" of "being clean" I am sure that the motivation and feeling will not be the same. (I know that this attitude is wrong but I am describing what I think are my natural feelings). If c"v there is a fall it is natural to feel failure, and no one likes to feel failure - even at GYE. And then what ? Am I going to have the courage to tell everyone "Guys I have just had a fall." Maybe, but I don't want to take the chance.
Last Edit: 22 Dec 2009 10:00 by gettingthere39.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 10:56 #36718

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
But I think we've all fallen.
Yes, you'll probably feel depressed after a fall, but we can help cheer you on and tell you that your clean days were worth gold and not meaningless.
If you make a connection with us before you fall (C"V), you'd be bringing the refuah  (cure) before the makka (fall).
Last Edit: by 061507ss.

Re: Kumzitz in the Holy Land 22 Dec 2009 11:11 #36725

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kollel Guy wrote on 21 Dec 2009 21:48:

Like the new icon IT

Thanks KG. The credit goes to letakain for giving me the idea.
Last Edit: by nefesh123.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes