Welcome, Guest
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My day 2478 Views

My day 15 May 2018 20:58 #331097

• GratefulTzvi
  • Current streak: 3891 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey everyone, thought I'd share what my day looks like, maybe my experience, strength and hope will encourage someone else.  
On awakening around 6AM, I say my personalized third step prayer which I composed with my sponsor's help.  Basically it's the third step prayer, but I talk to Hashem Yisborach, instead G-d.  Myself, Tzvi.  Relieve me of the bondages of self, for me that's my addiction, my codependencies, especially my people pleasing, my tendency to escape with food.  Take away my difficulties, for me that's my weakness of Emunah which manifests is an almost constant need to grab the GPS from HIM and check out where HE'S taking me, as I sit at the back of the bus.  I'm ok not driving (today) but I sometimes (alot actually) I just wish HE'D let me in on his plans for me today.   Pull back the curtain and let me see the part of my life that is hidden from me.  TO those I would help, I mention my wife, my children and grandchildren, my sponsees and everyone in my program sphere.  
I get off my bed, drop to my knees and thank HIM for a peaceful, restful night, free of lustful or terrorizing dreams, ask him to help me see HIS hand in my day.  Then I turn around, rest against the bed and meditate for 10 minutes.  At that point, my second alarm goes off (just in case I fell into sleep from my meditation.  I shower, dress and go to shul to learn, then daven.  
I do one or sometimes two DSRs with sponsees.  Breakfast and checkin with my wife.  Check in includes how I'm feeling and something compliment about her, and she hopefully does the same.   Then I go to work.  During the work day, I get a lot of little breaks, so I use them to text or answer whatsapp messages, or emails.  I take long lunches so I can get home and join the noon SA phone meeting.  Or work with sponsees from Europe.   Lunch then back to work for the afternoon, more short calls, messages received and sent. Sometime in the afternoon, another 10 minute meditation time.  I need one every 8 hours or so, just like meds.  Home for dinner with my wife. (phone is off limits unless it's an emergency call from sponsee). 
Dinner, mincha, then daf, then maariv, then home to work with another sponsee until around midnight, then step 10 inventory list, then short prayer, thanking HIM for a sober day, then meditation which drifts into sleep.  
During the week, I might go to a face to face meeting (especially if one of my sponsees is going)  But otherwise, it's not a priority for me right now.  On average, I'm on at least 4 to 5 meetings a week as it is.  And my noon meeting I consider my home group.  

Hope that's helpful.  Thanks for letting me share. 
GratefulTzvi

Re: My day 15 May 2018 23:06 #331102

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
That is one heck of a routine!
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: My day 16 May 2018 23:08 #331132

• grateful4life
  • Current streak: 1300 days
  • Administrator
GratefulTzvi wrote on 15 May 2018 20:58:
Hey everyone, thought I'd share what my day looks like, maybe my experience, strength and hope will encourage someone else.  
On awakening around 6AM, I say my personalized third step prayer which I composed with my sponsor's help.  Basically it's the third step prayer, but I talk to Hashem Yisborach, instead G-d.  Myself, Tzvi.  Relieve me of the bondages of self, for me that's my addiction, my codependencies, especially my people pleasing, my tendency to escape with food.  Take away my difficulties, for me that's my weakness of Emunah which manifests is an almost constant need to grab the GPS from HIM and check out where HE'S taking me, as I sit at the back of the bus.  I'm ok not driving (today) but I sometimes (alot actually) I just wish HE'D let me in on his plans for me today.   Pull back the curtain and let me see the part of my life that is hidden from me.  TO those I would help, I mention my wife, my children and grandchildren, my sponsees and everyone in my program sphere.  
I get off my bed, drop to my knees and thank HIM for a peaceful, restful night, free of lustful or terrorizing dreams, ask him to help me see HIS hand in my day.  Then I turn around, rest against the bed and meditate for 10 minutes.  At that point, my second alarm goes off (just in case I fell into sleep from my meditation.  I shower, dress and go to shul to learn, then daven.  
I do one or sometimes two DSRs with sponsees.  Breakfast and checkin with my wife.  Check in includes how I'm feeling and something compliment about her, and she hopefully does the same.   Then I go to work.  During the work day, I get a lot of little breaks, so I use them to text or answer whatsapp messages, or emails.  I take long lunches so I can get home and join the noon SA phone meeting.  Or work with sponsees from Europe.   Lunch then back to work for the afternoon, more short calls, messages received and sent. Sometime in the afternoon, another 10 minute meditation time.  I need one every 8 hours or so, just like meds.  Home for dinner with my wife. (phone is off limits unless it's an emergency call from sponsee). 
Dinner, mincha, then daf, then maariv, then home to work with another sponsee until around midnight, then step 10 inventory list, then short prayer, thanking HIM for a sober day, then meditation which drifts into sleep.  
During the week, I might go to a face to face meeting (especially if one of my sponsees is going)  But otherwise, it's not a priority for me right now.  On average, I'm on at least 4 to 5 meetings a week as it is.  And my noon meeting I consider my home group.  

Hope that's helpful.  Thanks for letting me share. 
GratefulTzvi

Thanks so much for sharing that!! It really speaks volumes of your program. I should probably read it once a day and implement a new piece of it every week. This routine really speaks to the core of my character defects and my aspirations for a truly sober and spiritual life.
I don't want to say too much but thank you so much Tzvi for joining GYE and sharing your ESH here. Please keep on posting and I look forward to following your threads/posts going forward.

Re: My day 17 May 2018 00:03 #331137

• Gettinghelp2
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Junior Boarder
BH just returned from Israel a few hours ago. Exhausted but wanted to update my 90 day chart  . BH I read this post. So inspiring.  I'll read it again tomorrow when I'm really awake. Thank you HASHEM for allowing me to read this post before going to sleep.  

Re: My day 17 May 2018 15:38 #331171

• GratefulTzvi
  • Current streak: 3891 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your encouraging message.   I would be happy to connect whenever you're awake!   Hope the jetlag isn't too overwhelming.  That draining feeling can be a trigger to acting out.  Or isolating. 
Tzvi
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes