Welcome, Guest
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Peyyot 1628 Views

Peyyot 19 Sep 2008 07:46 #302

• tahor
Berachot All!

I have recently grown peyyot, and though in the workplace I try to keep them tucked back, they inevitably fall into my face-right at the sides of my eyes!
It then occurred to me:

As tzit-tzit remind the hands to perform mitzvot, so to do the peyyot remind my eyes to obey mitzvot!
If I had grown up in an observant home with this understanding, how much more easier had my struggles been!

I am studying and searching for anything in the Talmud or in the Hebrew to reinforce this understanding!

If you know, please email me. Meanwhile, may Hashem guard your eyes and keep your heart devikut!

Followup: As I continue in my experience with peyyot, I have learned that they also effect my other senses also. I find them in my mouth, on my nose and over my ears.
This reminds me to sanctify all my senses to HaShem! Baruch HaShem!
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2008 09:14 by .

Re: Peyyot 19 Sep 2008 08:31 #303

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dear Holy Yidden, How I love you all so much!! Thank you for sharing that with us!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Peyyot 21 Sep 2008 13:30 #306

• Mevakesh Hashem
Tahor, welcome to the forum!

Regarding what you wrote
If I had grown up in an observant home with this understanding, how much more easier had my struggles been!

Don't for a second think that those of us who were raised in good, religious homes, as I was, have any less of a struggle with sexual sins, guarding the eyes, and being good Jews who do what Hashem wants.

The Yetzer Hara is very clever and he has just as many methods to trip religious people as he has non religious people.

Chazak V'Ematz!
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes