Welcome, Guest

Something I Find to Be Very Helpful
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Something I Find to Be Very Helpful 1466 Views

Something I Find to Be Very Helpful 02 Feb 2009 21:24 #2770

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
I just keep busy, if not with things that are an absolute chiyuv or necessity, then at least with things that seem to chap my mind. In my case that  could be playing a musical instrument or certain types of excercise. Also, reading things that I always wanted to, which are worthwhile to know, not fiction. Writing a letter. You get the idea. This seems to be a quite easy pleasant way to keep out of trouble. We'll see if it contiues to help. I also think that dwelling on the subject of shmiras habris too much in this generation can be counter productive. What is too much can vary by the individual. Also, I do not seem to be as addicted as some others are Bechasdei Hashem Yisborach.

Hashem Ya'azor Lekulonu.

Last Edit: by .

Re: Something I Find to Be Very Helpful 02 Feb 2009 21:33 #2772

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
What you say here reminds me of our "Kosher Isle" and especially this page.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Something I Find to Be Very Helpful 03 Feb 2009 00:02 #2777

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
That's right, but these things can be more important than people realize. I actually wrote some of the suggestions in that piece, but now actually do them more.
Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009 14:10 by halfib.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes