Welcome, Guest

BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!!
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 2380 Views

BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 24 Aug 2015 14:48 #262627

• tiger
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Lets not forget that we have to learn to THINK of hashem,

If we think a thousand times LEIS ASAR PUNIE MENIE( there is not a place were hashems presence is not felt) then it will sink in.

Yidden that have true devekus in hashem walk in the street and mutter to themselves hashem is here with me now, now I know that we are so caught up with enjoying ourselves that we are not interested in saying or thinking these things, as far as we are concerned hashem is a bitter pill to swallow, that's why we have tzadikim and sfarim from tzadikim so that we can take our smart minds(we think we know and understand everything) and smear it on a piece of bread like a delicious jam, and just trust these tzadikim, they have taught us that hashem is the sweetest thing in the world!!!!!!!!

The yetzer has us so wrapped around his finger that we think THAT A BEUTIFUL WOMAN IS THE BEST THING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So lets all take our minds which got us in to truble in the first place an lets just think of hashem and daven to hahem even if we DONT want hashem let me mevatel ourselves once and for all to the real truth, even though a lot of us are not in the madragia now to really want hashem but we will keep on WANTING TO WANT HASHEM, couse we all know how life turns out with out hashem.

Re: BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 24 Aug 2015 16:59 #262637

• betterc
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Fresh Boarder
This is great stuff but honestly 100 levels above us, we'll aspire to reach one day.

I believe jumping levels or someone who tries to skip a few steps in one go will eventually stumble, and hurt himself badly.

Re: BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 24 Aug 2015 18:37 #262642

• tiger
  • Expert Boarder
thanks for responding,

Please explain why you feel that this is a high level??

This is nothing but the truth, the fact is fact.

we have an issue that we don't want to believe and we don't want to surrender our minds to hashem, yes I agree it is a high level, but if we think this way we will eventually believe it,

Re: BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 20 Dec 2020 03:18 #359115

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
betterc wrote on 24 Aug 2015 16:59:
This is great stuff but honestly 100 levels above us, we'll aspire to reach one day.

I believe jumping levels or someone who tries to skip a few steps in one go will eventually stumble, and hurt himself badly.

Maskim.
Wat do y’all think?

Re: BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 20 Dec 2020 05:13 #359138

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 20 Dec 2020 03:18:

Maskim.
Wat do y’all think?

We surely cannot skip levels, but what's wrong with thinking about Hashem on our level? Bringing Hashem into our lives, but more, bringing "chovaso b'olamo" into focus.

I think the response is "easier said than done" but still something to strive for one step at a time.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2020 05:18 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: BUT I DONT WANT HASHEM!! 03 Jan 2021 21:55 #360446

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 20 Dec 2020 03:18:

Maskim.
Wat do y’all think?

I am not Maskim. I do think the writer(wonder if he is even still on GYE?)came across a little strong. The concept though is actually the very first Halacha in Orach Chaim. The Shulchan Aruch and the Pirushim  discusses the concept over there. In a certain way this can actually be a shortcut over all the methods and ideas that we all discuss and ponder daily. However, as willnevergiveup said it is easier said than done. Sometimes the simplest and most basic concepts of life and Yiddishkeit are the what just need reinforcement.
(I am not referring to someone that is already genuinely addicted as that is a very different and above my pay grade).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes