Welcome, Guest

wash hands, review halacha
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: wash hands, review halacha 1564 Views

wash hands, review halacha 14 May 2015 17:13 #254696

bs''d

I had some tests over the past few days and the thing that really saved me was G-d, but I didn't notice that and what really helped me were the mitzvas from the first four chapters of Mishna Berurah. There is a lot of good stuff in there for someone trying to learn sanity.

There's a comment later that someone who isn't careful about the matters around washing off ruach ra'ah that yotze mida'ato -- he'll (chalila) lose his marbles -- and I'm sure we're all familiar with THAT process, so...much better to do what we can to avoid it.

So it might be a good idea to review the first few chapters of mishna berurah. mishnaberura.com has english shiurim and summaries.

Actually, Rabbi Nachman seems to suggest that the main way a person learns to deal with bechira during "low" times is through halacha...so...it can't hurt. (See Likutei Moharan 6:4)

Go!
I've failed, but I'm still alive, no? And even not given that, perhaps I could try again.

כִּי יֹדֵעַ אֱלֹהִים כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְכֶם מִמֶּנּוּ וְנִפְקְחוּ עֵינֵיכֶם וִהְיִיתֶם כֵּאלֹהִים יֹדְעֵי טוֹב וָרָע:

The day has come...the fruit is Torah.
Last Edit: 14 May 2015 17:21 by long breaths long days.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes