Welcome, Guest

On top of the world
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: On top of the world 1188 Views

On top of the world 04 Apr 2013 07:31 #204185

• Yitzhar
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, all.
I'm up to 50 clean days today. It feels AMAZING that I've been able to get this far. I totally feel Hashem's Hand guiding me along. I believe He sees the efforts I've been putting in by hooking into some tele-conferences, calling/writing to others, going to a group once a week, and of course DAVENING.

And I must say, it's been so easy, so much more than I imagined. I mean, every so often throughout the day, bad thoughts will pop into my mind, or I'll see a photo, or a beautiful person(in my case a guy) and rather than running to the nearest private place to j/o, I've been able to quickly put it out of my mind and move on. What a great feeling. I'm even working now on a project for a model who wants me to do various things with his photos. It's probably not a great idea for me have taken on the job, but B"H, I'm doing the work and not being affected.

I know I can't rest on my laurels and let my defenses fall and create an easy target for the Yetzer Hara, but in the meantime, I'm really feeling great about this.

Thanks GYE community for your support and inspiration.

Re: On top of the world 16 Apr 2013 04:55 #205182

• chachaman
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel Tov!

Still, take it a day at a time, but it seems like whatever you've been doing has been working very well!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes