Welcome, Guest
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: abstinence 1240 Views

abstinence 15 Nov 2011 00:20 #125463

• rashkebehag
I have been with this community for quite some time and have had my slips now and then but over all i owe much to the GYE for getting out of this addiction. My latest thing is that i made a קבלה not to use the internet except for business ממש. No news, no weather  even kosher sites. I have publicized this to my acquaintances and have been away from anything remotely inappropriate for quite some time. I miss many geshmake things (even the GYE forum) but its worth it. I am only posting this לתועלת הרבים but I am getting off right away and will only return to check any replies on this topic only
Last Edit: by .

Re: abstinence 15 Nov 2011 05:53 #125487

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
כל הכבוד באמת
אשריך וטוב לך
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: abstinence 15 Nov 2011 11:50 #125504

• rashkebehag
thank you. the reason why I am doing this is because I started to see that surfing the internet is itself an addiction, even when sticking to good sites. One thing leads to another and your soon looking at all kinds of נערישקייט. I think everyone should do it at least once in a while

Re: abstinence 15 Nov 2011 21:32 #125568

• heuni memass
Rashkebehag- great to hear from you!

Yup its called Shuma maivee lidai zeema

Yasher Koach on the tip you are correct.

Re: abstinence 16 Nov 2011 18:49 #125691

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Ashrecha Rashke!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: abstinence 17 Nov 2011 06:31 #125804

• rashkebehag
They recently had a "disconnect" campaign to wean people off "cell phone dependency" I say lets have an "off-line day" no "on line" for one day. I believe it will do wonders
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes