Welcome, Guest

A cleaner Youtube
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A cleaner Youtube 2586 Views

Re: A cleaner youtube 19 Nov 2011 19:36 #126073

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
here's a couple more:

"cuss off" is an extension for Safari. It replaces swear words with asterisks like f*** or s***.

click on the following link and then click on the "security" section. You'll find it there.
extensions.apple.com/

also, there's something called adblock plus which blocks all ads on websites. google it to find the one for your browser.
Last Edit: by .

Re: A cleaner youtube 28 Nov 2011 03:55 #126913

• StoppingForever
  • Current streak: 132 days
  • Junior Boarder
  • Who is strong? He who restrains his impulse
I'm looking for some plugin or filter that can blur pics with high skin tone, or based on gender. I have k9 but that does not resolve images on ordinary websites..

If you think I'm off the wall, check face.com.. The technology exists. Google had an API for images but is discontinuing it.

Note: I'm familiar with the browser option of removing all images, but that often makes looking up a simple thing tedious or near impossible. I'm also not the only user of pc, and cannot do this to the others.

Only the arrogant can humble themselves, only dishonest can turn honest.

Only the ill can be healed, only the fallen can rise from the ashes.

I AM DETERMINED LIKE CRAZY! AND WITH THE HELP OF HASHEM NOTHING WILL STOP ME. NOTHING IN THE WORLD

Re: A cleaner youtube 28 Nov 2011 14:57 #126953

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
Stoppingforever wrote on 28 Nov 2011 03:55:

I'm looking for some plugin or filter that can blur pics with high skin tone, or based on gender. I have k9 but that does not resolve images on ordinary websites..

Sounds like something that could be really useful but I haven't seen or heard of anything yet, although I'm sure you could pay for something like that, it probably wouldn't be a freebie.

Stoppingforever wrote on 28 Nov 2011 03:55:

Note: I'm familiar with the browser option of removing all images, but that often makes looking up a simple thing tedious or near impossible. I'm also not the only user of pc, and cannot do this to the others.

I'm sorry but I didn't understand this paragraph. When you say you're familiar with the browser option of removing all images, are you referring specifically to HideImages or to the general concept? Which brings me to the next part which is even less clear: what do you mean it makes looking up a simple thing tedious or near impossible? I have no problems whatsoever with HideImages. It's an excellent extension with a button that sits in the toolbar. It doesn't hide images unless I click the button and if I decide I want to see the images after I already clicked the button, I just refresh the page. So unless you're someone who needs to find images of specific people for some reason, I can't see where this extension would cause you any problems.

Finally, your last sentence "I'm also not the only user of pc, and cannot do this to the others." is completely beyond me. I'm sorry I'm not understanding, if you could clarify I'd be glad to respond.
In the meantime, I'll see if I can find anything that removes only the pics of a specific gender or quality.

Take care,

KH

Re: A cleaner youtube 28 Nov 2011 16:37 #126979

• StoppingForever
  • Current streak: 132 days
  • Junior Boarder
  • Who is strong? He who restrains his impulse
Sorry I was unclear.

I was referring to the hide images browser option. Many sites  increasingly use  images for buttons, menus, navigation, etc. So hiding images can become rather tedious when I need to do even something simple. I was unaware of the Plug-in you referenced.

What is the name of the plug-in, I want to install it.

Regarding the ‘Other People’ statement, I meant was that other people use the PC, and I cannot turn off all images on them, I prefer an alternate solution, like the plug-in you mentioned.

Thanks for the gesture.
Only the arrogant can humble themselves, only dishonest can turn honest.

Only the ill can be healed, only the fallen can rise from the ashes.

I AM DETERMINED LIKE CRAZY! AND WITH THE HELP OF HASHEM NOTHING WILL STOP ME. NOTHING IN THE WORLD

Re: A cleaner youtube 29 Nov 2011 11:22 #127072

• hubabuba
  • Platinum Boarder
gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I relate to your issue of not seeing the buttons for menus, navigation etc. It's not such a big issue though because I'm usually on the same websites all the time so I know where those buttons are even without seeing them. And even when I'm on an unfamiliar website, I still get to see the page for a couple seconds before I hide the images so I know more or less the layout.

I was referring to the HideImages extension the whole time. You can find it here: www.hideimages.net/

Let me know what you think...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes