Welcome, Guest

we all want to be good
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: we all want to be good 3396 Views

Re: we all want to be good 03 Mar 2011 21:56 #99487

• bardichev
where is shareley cheen going for cholint?
Last Edit: by .

Re: we all want to be good 03 Mar 2011 22:00 #99488

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Maybe we all ought to learn from this elephant and dog's friendship??

If those two different creatures can coexist, why can't we??

Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2011 22:02 by .

Re: we all want to be good 03 Mar 2011 22:30 #99494

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 03 Mar 2011 22:00:

Maybe we all ought to learn from this elephant and dog's friendship??
If those two different creatures can coexist, why can't we??

I can co-exist just fine. It's everyone else that's the problem.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: we all want to be good 03 Mar 2011 23:57 #99509

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage please delete that post before YH sees it and puts in that ridiculous thread where he collects all the stupid things peole say about Guard.

Re: we all want to be good 04 Mar 2011 00:17 #99510

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Too late 

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 03 Mar 2011 23:18:

David/Rage wrote on 03 Mar 2011 22:37:

...we all are so grateful for the emails and the endless work you do for this forum and for klal yisrael
...you are simply irreplaceable...you are totally ridiculously awesome and totally the dude....

What's matter with you??  ???  Have you no appreciation for the poor overworked fellow??  > > >

guardureyes wrote on 03 Mar 2011 21:46:

I try to send out at least one e-mail every day, to over 1,800 people, with a whole bunch of chizuk to encourage and mechazek them.... Phew... It's exhausting! 

You'd better behave before Guard post something like this:
guardureyes wrote on 01 Mar 2011 19:13:

... is lucky I didn't see his original post ... on this thread... ve'hameivin yavin

Re: we all want to be good 04 Mar 2011 01:54 #99514

• Dov
  • Administrator
OK, so here is my nefarious purpose for going into long exchanges with "o": I suspect that it is davka the most vehement attackers of a derech - and especially the most flamboyant attackers - that have a netiyah to that very derech.

It's kind of a corollary to kol haposel b'mumo poseil. The republican congressman (whatever his name was) who was the most unabashedly anti-gay guy - he is the one that was caught making advances to a male police officer in a men's bathroom somewhere.

So maybe folks who come out swinging are the ones who have doubts and are ma'atzil all the things they tell themselves to convince others.

Whatever their motivation really is, I smell something 'off' as soon as I read immediate put-downs, nasty sarcasm, and the old and predictable lines being rehashed as though they are big chiddushim. Not much deep thinking there because they don't truly know what they are arguing against!

Finally, the fact that a person can come here and get into a purely philosophical debate before even describing what their actual current personal problems with lust really are....well, that means that this person may be running as fast as they can away from their own problem! And what better place to hide from it than in someone else's problems?!

Of course, all this is guessing. The truth may be that they are just plain angry; have an axe to grind; have a great and true argument to make even though they really don't have any lust problem at all; or that they are just plain in love with being annoying.

But why not give a little time to sharing our own failures and successes with these folks and allow the truth to speak for itself? They will see it and 'come around' in some way, some day.

But Rage will just tell me I am just a stupid moron. Has he been speaking with my mother-in-law recently?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: we all want to be good 06 Mar 2011 05:48 #99699

• Dov
  • Administrator
Then it's a good thing I am not a woman....oh, whatever.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes