Welcome, Guest

my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 14030 Views

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 02 Dec 2010 03:57 #87576

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear Ramatgan-dude,

You have been chosen for the z'chut (that was Israeli for "z'chus") to have this joke on your very own thread:

(...it's from "Chronicles", the hilarious and cute newspaper from the times of the Bible and I read it about twenty-five years ago...)

A Syrian-Greek soldier was captured by the yiddin in the Chanukah war, held for twenty years, and finally released. For his entire time in prison he yelled "okus! okus!" at the yid who'd bring him his meals.
Just as he was being released, the jewish warden broke down and asked him what the meaning of his strange yelling was all this time.
The Greek soldier responded, "Doesn't ocus mean 'Jew'?"
"No," responded the warden, "it doesn't mean anything."
Shocked, the Greek soldier asked, "then why is my king named Anti-okus?"

Anyway, I thought it was very cute.

Have a nice day.

:-* 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 02 Dec 2010 17:31 #87671

• ramatganinternational
Its been an amazing day. Held myself back from even glancing at some girls crossing the street today. Yay! Hoping ur all well. Much love
yechezkel.

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 02 Dec 2010 17:33 #87674

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
great to hear!

doesn't it make you feel more okus'dig?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 02 Dec 2010 17:55 #87690

• bardichev
ramatganinternational wrote on 02 Dec 2010 17:31:

Its been an amazing day. Held myself back from even glancing at some girls crossing the street today. Yay! Hoping ur all well. Much love
yechezkel.

I like to hear that

yechezkel (what a greats strong name)

listen

when we feel that the little things are triggers

yes EVEN looking at bais yakov girls etc

thats a good sign

the YH is crafty

cruel

cunning

he knows his game

when we develope

a barrrier to the seemingly "harmless stuf"

we are on the road to success

KOT

KOL

please eat an oily sufganiya for me

b

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 02 Dec 2010 21:25 #87757

• ramatganinternational
Lol! No sufganiot for me, i'm allergic to flour. I'll happily have a latke though!

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 09 Dec 2010 06:02 #88507

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi yechezkel, can we be mechabed you with Hallel for Zos Chanuka?

after davening we can have a flour-free lechaim...
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 09 Dec 2010 11:03 #88515

• gevurah
  • Junior Boarder
Ain't enuff to run from the Y'H
have also to run to Hashem- or dance- b'simcha
filling one's time with chessed and torah helps keep
our tai'vos in their place :I'm just ranting - or playing
mashgiach - really saying this to myself!!!!
B"SIMCHA!!!!
HAPPY (what's left of)HANIKKAH

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 09 Dec 2010 13:22 #88519

• ramatganinternational
i think you'll find that most of what people preach on this forum has a duel purpose of being mechazek the thread author and at the same time the person replying to the thread.

had a great channuka!

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 09 Dec 2010 20:05 #88609

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 09 Dec 2010 06:02:

hi yechezkel, can we be mechabed you with Hallel for Zos Chanuka?

after davening we can have a flour-free lechaim...

You will be welcome in the local Shteebel. Congegration Khal Chasidei Bardichev

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 12 Dec 2010 19:03 #88806

• ramatganinternational
hello all,

feels so good to watch the weeks go by with no stains (!) on my conscience. I'm trying so hard and it's getting easier as the weeks drag on.

life is so much better with a clean heart put into practise by acting in a clear and pure way 24/7.

love you all, love this forum,

much love

yechezkel

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 12 Dec 2010 19:54 #88811

• bardichev
Yechezkel

How about sharing the secret?

B

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 13 Dec 2010 17:29 #88886

• ramatganinternational
Hi Bardichev,

Let me tell you what I have found the secret to be.

Its not about doing just the one thing - in my case installing CE, but more so its about following that act up with additional things that over time change your life.

Its about cultivating the small sapling and watering it every day. The sapling being your heart and the water being the understanding in what it's needs are.

Our hearts are very demanding organs. They require a constant flow of attention.

So, what do our hearts need? Well, other than the obvious - blood which we will dicount for now, our hearts need lots of things.

Our heart needs to satiate itself on the desires it demands from our brain. These desires are vast. Desires of rest, food, attention, strength, warmth, emotion, compassion, lust etc etc.

The simplest way to address these desires would be to eat when hungry, rest when tired etc etc. But what happens when the desire of lust comes knocking on the door? What happens when the knock on that door is so strong that the heart is literally beating out of your chest? What happens when your brain has already decided that there is only one way to address the desire of lust?

The answer (my answer) is quite simple.

You have to pause and take a look at what the greater picture is and what your perceived outlet to this desire will ultimately achieve. You see, for the desire of food - the worst possible outcome to the obvious outlet would be an upset stomach or a sore head from overeating. But with the desire of lust - the worst outcome is often irreparable. Just imagine where the fall will take you......exactly! Nowhere! It addressed your problem and then dumped you right back into the problem so you are back to square one.

Of course lust has to be addressed and fed, but it has to be done in a way that is compatible to both our best and Gods best wishes.

Everyone's personal file is differs from the person next to them. We all have a set of circumstances that dictate the very way we live but as Jews we all have the same Book that dictates how we should live and behave. There are no exceptions.

In my case, it took me a while to get in touch with that Book, it took a long time until i was able to face up to my demons and do battle. It took a while until i was even brave enought to admit that i had a problem and ultimately - it will take a while until I myself can consider that I am properly free from what once was my life.

But in joining this family, I am doing what I never thought I ever would do - I'm being open and honest with myself and you guys. By no means has it been easy but every day clean is a massive personal triumph. Challenges pose themselves day in and day out but with the heart now satiated with the right things - and with the help of Hashem, I am able to navigate myself through the storm of what is my life.

Finally - its not suppposed to be easy. Noone ever said it would be easy but equally, noone said that we - with personal sacrifices can't endevour to make it easier......  

Sorry if i rambled on a little.....

much love,

Yechezkel
Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010 17:32 by .

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 15 Dec 2010 01:15 #89117

• ramatganinternational
Hello....? Earth calling......where is everyone? Its so damn quiet in here?!

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 15 Dec 2010 01:49 #89119

• bardichev
RG

We are all sufferring from a cold spell its a nasty 20 degrees. We don't deal with the cold too well

Any way

RG I'm here

What's up??

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 15 Dec 2010 02:08 #89121

• bardichev
Yecheskel

I loved the answer you gave it is so poetic

You sound like you really changed

Keep on trucking!!

Time to create page: 0.47 seconds