Welcome, Guest

my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 14031 Views

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 20 Dec 2010 17:40 #89811

• kosher
  • Gold Boarder
ramatganinternational wrote on 20 Dec 2010 14:41:

something strange is going on inside of me.....dunno what it is, i'm still going strong b'h but im begining to have serious withdrawal symptoms and flashbacks of what my life once was. i know its the y'h trying his luck but i'm finding it increasingly hard to concentrate.......

Remember when you first posted all gung ho and everyone was trying to knock you down?

The point was - if you think you "cured yourself", when the Yetzer Hora comes back, you are liable to feel lost/hopeless and give up.
If you always remember that one is never "cured" from the yetzer horah, even though there are easier and harder times, but that with Hashem's help we can always win the battle (my apologies to R' Dov if that is not phrased consistent with how he would have) then when the  challenge is more difficult, you remeber that you can win and just work harder on your program.
I am not big enough to not do something I WANT to do because I know it is wrong, but I've been around long enough not to want to do many things, even though they are really enticing at the first glance.
Last Edit: by .

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 20 Dec 2010 17:57 #89812

• laagvokeles
kosher, very nice!

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 20 Dec 2010 18:15 #89813

• frumfiend
I think he is cured. He is just mixed up with a regular taava and a addiction. This site can make normal people think that they are addicts. Dont forget only dead people dont have taavis. Hey ramat maybye for you better not to hang around.
Again i am only saying another tzaad. Only you can know the truth about yourself.

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 20 Dec 2010 18:23 #89815

• laagvokeles
frumer so truth what you say about that there is healthy ppl also here (dont know about ramat gan)

by the way  from the way i wright (koisev) you learn that i am a addict more than ramat gan?
yes? why
frumer im waiting for an answer
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010 19:27 by .

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 20 Dec 2010 18:27 #89816

• bardichev
Ramat Gan please send me a PM

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 21 Dec 2010 15:55 #90000

• ramatganinternational
frumfield,

i cant keep away from this site as its the only place in the world where i can be myself in as much as telling you guys exactly how it is. and yes, im an addict - we all are to some extent. ive cured the root of my problem - free internet access - now im moving onto the 2nd phase which is getting used to it all. its tough and i never knew it would be so tough. but im gonna have to slog away at it and hopefully it'll get better with time.

so to ur suggestion of keeping away from this forum - a resounding no! but i see ur point.

oh and by the way - this forum is all about being truthful - yes about ourselves and im telling you the truth.
Last Edit: 21 Dec 2010 15:57 by .

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 21 Dec 2010 16:26 #90011

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ramatganinternational wrote on 21 Dec 2010 15:55:

and yes, im an addict - we all are to some extent. ive cured the root of my problem - free internet access

If as you say you are an addict, then the root of the problem is not "free interent access."  The root of the problem is that we are addicted to lust.  Free internet access is just an outlet where we find expression in the problem.  B"H you have taken the step to cut of that access, a major step in breaking free of an addiction.  It would be a mistake to think of yourself as "cured" as I think you are seeing as you stay away from lust longer.  One thing you may want to consider is a 12-step program which will help you get to the "root of the problem."  Continued hatzlacaha.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 21 Dec 2010 16:33 #90013

• ramatganinternational
ur a jew,

thanks for that! ur right, every man was created with the power to lust - obviousely to be used in the right circumstances. but in this degenerated age of technology, i along with thousands of others have/had resigned to the outlet being the internet.

Yes, i did take a big step in doing what i did and i know that ultimately for ME personally that was the turning point in my life. so in fact - that item of my problem was solved but ur right in saying that i havent cured 'my problem'.

much love

yechezkel

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 23 Dec 2010 08:29 #90474

• gevurah
  • Junior Boarder
The Y'H takes on various forms (Y'H=Soton=Malach Hamoves+++)
the treatment is lifelong avoiding nisyonos
as well as filling one's life with positive things
mitzvos, torah, simcha....
despite the difficulties we have alot to be makir tov  le'hashem
maybe that is the root for success  TOV L'HODOS!!!

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 23 Dec 2010 12:20 #90483

• bardichev
RG

That's where the great simplistic idea of keep on trucking comes is

It makes no difference

All these long winded debates

YH,addiction,lust,ocd,bla bla blaaa

Just don't do the act

Keep on trucking!!!

B

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 23 Dec 2010 12:47 #90486

• ramatganinternational
Bard and Gevurah,

thanks alot for your messages. Yes! u are right like you said its a combination of things that assist us from acting out and i agree that there is little benefit in debating the matter.

maybe its a bit like a fellow who is lying on the ground having difficulty breathing. we all know that the best and only solution is oxygen - its a no brainer. but there are many different ways in which the oxygen bottle can make its way to him. by car,by helicopter,by bike etc etc or - by person by form of mouth to mouth - the kiss of life.

of course there's the simple 'just dont do it' solution but getting to that stage takes alot of strength. this strength can be acquired throught the various methods as already discussed above i.e learning,praying etc etc

hope you get what i'm trying to say!

much love

Y

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 26 Dec 2010 23:31 #90811

• ramatganinternational
hi all,

just wanted to say that i had an incredible opportunity to something REALLY REALLY bad today. A juicy yetzer horah served on a plate with gold plated cutlery but after lots of self introspection and lots of steely determination i somehow managed to fend it off.

trust me, it took  asuperhuman effort, ive no idea how i did it but bottom line is, i did it.

crazy day - crazy opportunity but best possible result!

much love

Y

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 27 Dec 2010 23:05 #90950

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
kol hakavod! kutgw (keep up the good work)!! go to bardy's pub of london and have a woodford - you deserve it!

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 27 Dec 2010 23:05 #90952

• bardichev
wood ford served in UK??

Re: my story.....Confessions of a Frum Internet Addict 28 Dec 2010 16:34 #91021

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ramatganinternational wrote on 26 Dec 2010 23:31:

hi all,

just wanted to say that i had an incredible opportunity to something REALLY REALLY bad today. A juicy yetzer horah served on a plate with gold plated cutlery but after lots of self introspection and lots of steely determination i somehow managed to fend it off.

trust me, it took  asuperhuman effort, ive no idea how i did it but bottom line is, i did it.

crazy day - crazy opportunity but best possible result!

much love

Y

gevaldig!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes