Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skeptical 4050 Views

Re: Skeptical 14 Oct 2010 20:12 #80501

• aa1977
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • Time takes Time
1daat - AMAZING!

Chazak V'ematz!!!

May the fall just be a tiny yeridah that leads to an even greater aliyah. Amen

AA
Last Edit: by .

Re: Skeptical 22 Oct 2010 21:12 #81054

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks aa1977.  Amen.  Thanks for the brocho.  clean again. 1daat

Re: Skeptical 24 Oct 2010 04:11 #81094

• john.watson4181
Hi yossichaim,

I just want to say welcome. I'm also new here but if you want to have a friend to share your thoughts you can count on me.

Re: Skeptical 14 Jan 2018 18:37 #325474

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
kosher wrote on 10 Oct 2010 17:01:
R' Yossi Chaim,

I can very much relate to your skeptisicm.

A number of years ago I spoke to my Rebbi/Rosh Yeshiva (will remain unamed in this post, but is world famous...) and I told him that I feel like I am being controlled from the outside and I have no physicall control over my body and ability to control my actions in my area of weakness. He gave me some ideas, which while helpful, did not 100% solve my problem. Once I failed even after taking the advice of one of the gedolei hador, I was really despondent of success.

B"H, I can relate (from personal experience) that we can succeed.

Many people on this forum found success through SA/12 step programs. For me personally, it was a combination of:

1. A realization that lust related activities aren't what I want and will not make me happy
2. Realization that I can find what I want and happiniess from other areas in my life (but that this is only really practical once stopping the lusting type behavior).
3. A personal incentive program to break out of the bad habbits deveoped and reinforced over many years.
4. Reconition that I have a problem and therefore need constant vigilance and work to continue improving and not relapse.

wow such beautiful things , as far as I  know , there very common in torah /musar sefarim , that ive learnt, and unfortunately that's not a lot ,imagine  s/o who knows a lot how many more sources they can quote to back up these ideas. ive been wondering what is this magic power that when these words are heard from goyim we get so inspired but , what weve  been hearing all along  ,it was like water off a ducks back ,just wondering .I think i have an answer , but ill leave it for another time.

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Last Edit: 14 Jan 2018 18:41 by ieeyc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes