Welcome, Guest

Hello, my name is Yosef and I'm an addict
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello, my name is Yosef and I'm an addict 3195 Views

Re: Hello, my name is Yosef and I'm an addict 15 Jun 2010 12:32 #70757

• ToAdd
  • Platinum Boarder

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better after joining this group. I think the difference now is that I know I can actually win. It's no longer a constant struggle against a juggernaut. Before I was trying to do it all on my own. I didn't know there were people out there that had won the same battle.

Yedidya Aleph:
The withdrawal is now mainly from the internet. I have blocked out many things, even those daily joke sites which I was using to perk me up in the mornings (no pun intended).

I recently started some vitamin suppliments, actually made a big difference. Something I havn't seen mentioned here is that sometimes our bodies may have valid cravings and we just go after the wrong thing, we do what makes us feel good rather than actually finding out what's needed.

My main symptom now is getting to focus. My mind is all over the place.
I decided to by a book on the topic - if I can just sit down for long enough to read it...

DovInIsrael your post made me laugh. Perhaps some interesting gematria is the right way to go - more benificial than sudoku.

Here's a good tip to fight the ego:
Walk into a clothing store (the fancier the better) and try by a hammer!
Lol.

ToAdd.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Hello, my name is Yosef and I'm an addict 16 Jun 2010 18:02 #71028

• DovInIsrael
Yosef -

here is some food for the soul ... and hungry warrior (not to be confused with the hungry WORRIER - because there is enough confusion in the world, and our job is to remove the confusion and let Hashem's light in )

drinnk lots of water - it cleanses the body... and acts as a good reminder to get up from the computer periodically (bathroom breaks)

when we abuse our seed - we need to replenish our seed (and eat things to remind us of where we are, where we came from and where we are going)
- cucumbers
- peppers
- raw nuts
and seeds

(no salt not roasted )

eliminate or minimize coffee , colas and caffines - they ,make us jittery and over excited.. the body has a memory system - it remembers other times when it is also excited and stimulated.

get some regualr sleep - set limits - no staying up all night
go for walks...
exercise

avoid the basic white foods:
- white rice, white flour, white potates, milk, salt, sugar, and cheese

eat more fruits and veggies.

BTW : why did the ANT from overseas stop eating junk food, and begin eating healthy?

because he was IMPORT-ANT

dov.ii

Re: Hello, my name is Yosef and I'm an addict 17 Jun 2010 22:24 #71262

Hey.  When I first got clean I had insomnia for two weeks and just felt like total garbage for what seemed like a month.  But then, one day, out of the blue, I woke up and felt normal again.  Just like that.  Hashem wants us to take the effort but he makes the miracle.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes