Welcome, Guest

Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 3838 Views

Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 17 May 2010 21:41 #65911

• Yechiel
  • Current streak: 98 days
  • User
Hello everybody,

I've lurked here quite a while and have read the Guard emails almost since the beginning. I've been in Duvid Chaim's group since the beginning of the current cycle. I've decided to start posting a bit since I've realized the importance of getting out of isolation. Along with the phone calls and private calls to other shipmates, this can be another tool in the arsenal. I hope to be of service as well as reap chizuk from all of you.

Basic facts: married, bunch of kids, am about three years into the addiction, DC's 12-step has been a real help and hopefully the beginning of real recovery.

I know some of the veterans around here such as Steve, 2 Dov's etc. and hope to get to know all of you taireh yidden.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 18 May 2010 06:09 #65980

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome - I've never been on DC's calls, but my understanding is that they're pretty awesome - so enjoy!

Posting here is definitely a good thing, i know that it helped me tremendously...

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 18 May 2010 15:28 #66007

• Yechiel
  • User
Thanks, Reb silent battle. You're right, the calls have given me a new perspective on life and more importantly, the tools to implement it. They deal with not just the addiction but the underlying issues as well, which for me is an absolute must. Trying not to act out while ignoring the underlying pain that pushes me to act out/medicate is bound to fail and has failed, time and time again. Also, everyone is welcome there, it's a friendly safe place, just as this forum appears to be.

Have you considered joining the next time around? (sorry if i'm being too nosy  :-\)

Gut Yom Tov!

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 18 May 2010 15:52 #66009

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
welcome my friend.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 18 May 2010 17:06 #66018

• zalmandovid
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Yechiel, Welcome to the Forum,
Have a Good Yom Tov!
Your fellow shipmate,
Zalmandovid

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 21 May 2010 08:10 #66120

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Unfortunately, at this point, scheduling issues make it unlikely that I'll be joining the call, for now. I know, my loss. If I need it, I may join sometime in the future, but for now, I'm going to focus on building up my support network in other ways.

I certainly agree, though, that working on underlying issues is absolutely crucial.

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 21 May 2010 16:46 #66169

• Yechiel
  • User
I know 12:00 PM is very tough, especially if you work for an employer. But I hear that there may be something in the pipeline to help with that, as far as time is concerned. I'm sure it will be announced by R' Guard if it comes to fruition. Good Shabbos, my friend.

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 23 May 2010 12:17 #66260

• jamies
to my dear older brother, and freind yechiel

your words kept me from faling last night, thanyou...

i will keep davening for ypu sucess, remember every won secong is HBH comming closer to you and he loves you for that, and for bringing and helping others (like me) come closer to him!!1

thankyou for leading me and everyone else who has been inspired by you!!

jamie

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 24 May 2010 01:05 #66345

• Yechiel
  • User
Thank you for your kind words. brother, they mean alot to me!

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 25 May 2010 00:52 #66545

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
How are tings going by you?

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 26 May 2010 17:10 #66904

• Yechiel
  • User
Boruch Hashem, thanks for asking. We're working on the 9th step call with DC and it is tough with a capital T. We basically have to swallow our big egos and eat large servings of humble pie. I don't particualry like humble pie.

How's it going by you? I know that if you tell it may no longer be a "silent" battle, but who's tellin'?

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 26 May 2010 17:12 #66906

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
B"H, things are going well here, too...I realized a long time ago that my username is rather ironic, since I can never seem to shut up about anything ;D

Feel free to drop by my thread, read some of my back-story, and comment...I can always use chizuk and inspiration, too! (just click the link under this post)

Care to share more about the 9th step, what DC said, how you feel about it? Writing it down may help you, and also allows us to share your insights.

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 28 May 2010 14:25 #67296

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi Yechiel -

just dropping by to say Hi and wish you a good shabbos.

And to thank you for being the caring friend that you are.  Really. You've given me a lot of the encouragement i need to get thru my own dark clouds. When I think of you, I get stronger.

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 03 Jun 2010 01:16 #68506

• Yechiel
  • User
Thanks Steve, it's all your credit that I'm still on the boat at all.

And SB, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Between life (which I'm trying to live, not avoid), DC's call and our email roster, I haven't been able to find time for the forum as I should. I hope to stop by your thread and say hello soon.

Re: Yechiel (from DC)'s Journal 03 Jun 2010 10:25 #68605

• jamies
so happy your back!!

how have you been keeping??

we missed you!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes